What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Fruit Machine Help

RudeDogg1

Registered
IMG_5948.JPEG IMG_5949.JPEG IMG_5950.JPEG IMG_5951.JPEG IMG_5952.JPEG Hi Guys,
Ive been contacted buy the guy who makes printing screens for me. Hi misses has bought him a fruit machine (he did want a pin but he must of seen the prices lol). Anyway its totally dead "what a great present" I hear you say :0/. Got him to check the fuses first all ok. Then I asked for board pics because I assume fruities also use some kind of battery. Well the pics arrived....... Yep one board is corroded to fook pretty much all the chips have corrosion. Are replacements available and is repair even economical on a fruit machine? If there are replacements where can he get one? This anything you can help with @lukewells ?

If you have no luck getting that board replaced - I would fancy giving that repair a go but expectations would be really low because the CPU on SKT5 and the ROMs on SKT3/4 are the difficult parts to replace, and the proximity of the CPU to the battery has me wondering if the chip itself has actually survived. The rest is all fairly available.

If those chips are still working inside then it's basically just a very tedious trace rebuild job. It might end up as a bundle of wires but it would be fixable. In fact it would probably be easier just to etch a replacement board.

A casual search seems to indicate finding these CPU boards as replacements is not easy going as they're murdered en-masse by the batteries and are an older tech.

I absolutely love projects so gimme a shout if you're desperate for the hand of a mad scientist.

It's a JPM system 80 tech machine so might be a desirable one? I think likes of rom code will be available as will the cpu. Best place for this is the mpu mecca forum with help. As said there are some experts on here I know of a couple.

Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom