What's new

DE SW Help. Finally Solved :)

ah the good old Popcorn Popper Board , as there are the high power resistors on there - one had one of the essential melt due to a locked on flasher

Even better is the Marshmellow Roasting Board (MRB) in their first generation games ;)

But the best Data Easy acronym ever has to be .... TYFFASI
Who know what that one mans? :)

Assuming you have actually checked the bulbs are good ;)

The PPB board has 4 fuses for GI. It's as simple as power goes in to a fuse and then comes back out on J5

So you need to identify if you have an entire GI circuit out, or if there is a break partway in a chain.

Pull one GI fuse out at a time. You should see some bulbs go out. If you pull fuse out and you don't see a difference, then you know that entire GI circuit is out. Please take the fuse out with the power off unless you are absolutely 100% confident that you can take the fuse out without shorting out anything else. Definitely don't use any metal instruments to do it.

If all 4 fuses result in some bulbs going out then you probably have a break in the chain on one of the circuits. Follow the GI wires under the playfield from where they are not working to the nearest point that they are looking for a break in the wiring.

If you have a whole bad GI circuit, then it is going to most likely be a cracked solder joint under the related fuse holder, or bad solder on J5, or a bad connection to the psu

F1 fuse had no difference when removed. (Playfield)
F2 fuse half the BB lights went out. (Backbox Door & Speaker Panel)
F3 fuse no difference when removed. (Playfield & Coin Door)
F4 the other half of the BB lights went out. (Backbox Door)

All bulbs ok and no connectors getting hot or look burnt. also tried the PPB from my hook to see if it was the board. Still the same.

Have you checked the continuity from each pin in the connector to each corresponding lamp holder to see if there are any breaks?

Needed my pinball fix so I've replaced the CPU back in my hook. I'll try again at the weekend.

Thanks for the continuous help guys.

Issues I'm still having.

No GI on PF & Coin door lights.

No VUK, Ball Launch, Left & Right Ball Scoop. Will have to trace the wires from J8 on PPB

Everything else ok.

PPB Board fine as it works in my hook with no faults. (Had to replace a couple of TIP36c)

I traced it down to the ball launch diode not working changed that now i have VUK, Ball Launch, Left & Right Ball Scoop :D Was my own fault as when i changed the coil i put the wires the wrong way round :rolleyes:

Just the GI & Coin door to solve.

Can finally have a play :)

Ha now i have some switches that not working Death star gate bar target, left out lane, Bottom turbo bumber, ramp exit :confused:

Yes Yes Yes was the connector on CN10. whoop whoop we have lift off :D

Just the GI on PF & Coin door lights to solve

Last edited:
Playfield GI & Coin Door lights turned out to be a wire in the wrong connector slot.

Machine fully working :D

IMG_2046.JPG

Back
Top Bottom