What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DE Star Wars - Coil / Flasher issue (Relay Issue?)

strongs

Site Supporter
Morning guys,

A friend was over playing my DE Star Wars the other night when all of a sudden a lot of the coils stopped working. I turned it off and we played something else and the next day I had a closer look.

The trough, all three bumpers, R2-D2's up/down dance, the knocker and a few other coils are not working. Death Star and R2-D2's head motors have also stopped moving.

The flashers also seem to be having an issue. If I go into the flasher test in diagnostics instead of the flashers lighting coils are firing instead!?

After a quick Google I've seen that this can be down to the L/R relay having issues (whatever that means) o_O

Need some help guys (I'm not afraid of a soldering iron)

From some more internet searches I've done some more testing.

I've tested continuity from Q29 to the pins on both the MPU and PPB board and continuity all checks out.

Next I shorted Q29 to the ground braid NOTHING no relay clicks. Next I tested Q29 with a DMM and I believe it checks out fine....So I'm starting to think that the relay itself needs replacing?

Advice needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom