What's new

DE Hook Switch Problem

Carl Spiby

Registered
I've noticed in switch test that when you flip the right or left flipper the left and centre trough switches are activating as well (observed in gameplay by a canon firing I think), on looking at the trough switches I'm not sure what is classed as correct for the diode orientation as some switches have 2 lugs some 3 and some 4! I've taken a couple of pictures so someone can advise me if they are correctly installed.

IMG_20140418_160153789.jpg IMG_20140418_160201493.jpg

I've noticed in switch test that when you flip the right or left flipper the left and centre trough switches are activating as well (observed in gameplay by a canon firing I think), on looking at the trough switches I'm not sure what is classed as correct for the diode orientation as some switches have 2 lugs some 3 and some 4! I've taken a couple of pictures so someone can advise me if they are correctly installed.

View attachment 6746 View attachment 6747
look at the switch matrix , it could be like the problem i had , if one of the switches on the same line or row of the matrix is shorted or stuck on it will send signals to other switches in the same line or row

Seems like the switch itself is going bad, I wired it up correctly and it still isn't working reliably, the left trough switch doesn't really cause problems during play as it only has issues when its closed.

I don't believe its a matrix issue.

Back
Top Bottom