What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daventry 2012 - Uk Pinball Show

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Well it started earlier this morning....

[attachment=1111:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345214411.311817.jpg]

[attachment=1112:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345214433.452480.jpg]

[attachment=1113:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345214456.938320.jpg]

Now we are getting somewhere...

[attachment=1114:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345214508.989102.jpg]

[attachment=1116:2012-08-18 13.02.57.jpg] Had a drive down yesterday and got my fix. Couldnt stay too long as the heat inside was killing me (and the machines), some serious air conditioning is needed in that room for sure as it just killed the flipper power on most games. Apart from that i got to play all my favs, with a nice revisit of my old cirqus voltaire. I was also really impressed with the reveal of the animal house pin and the tech they plan on using for it. Had a go of the whitewood too and whilst its is obviously incomplete the shots all felt natural to me. I took some pics and a quick vid of the new transparent overlay monitor thingy they plan on using for the machine before my phone crapped out on me. Overall a good show

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/rusolinio/?action=view&current=video-2012-08-18-13-03-46.mp4

Rus121' date=' post: 1696796 said:
View attachment 1302View attachment 1303 Had a drive down yesterday and got my fix. Couldnt stay too long as the heat inside was killing me (and the machines), some serious air conditioning is needed in that room for sure as it just killed the flipper power on most games. Apart from that i got to play all my favs, with a nice revisit of my old cirqus voltaire. I was also really impressed with the reveal of the animal house pin and the tech they plan on using for it. Had a go of the whitewood too and whilst its is obviously incomplete the shots all felt natural to me. I took some pics and a quick vid of the new transparent overlay monitor thingy they plan on using for the machine before my phone crapped out on me. Overall a good show

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/rusolinio/?action=view&current=video-2012-08-18-13-03-46.mp4

Did wonder why the flippers felt crap on most of the machines that I played but if they are affected by all the heat then that explains it.

Thought the animal house pin looked good as well and the concept of just being able to change the playfield, backglass and side panels for future releases whilst retaining the cabinet sounds like a great idea as after the initial outlay a new pin is only going to be a fraction of the price of the 1st one.

My first pinball outing. Thanks to the guys that organised the weekend, and thoose who brought their machines, both myself and my daughter really enjoyed it. Must say I liked Spiderman and Medieval Madness best, but daughter loved Shrek! Once the car sells, will be looking for another machine.

Was great tho bloody hot:eek:

Someone on ukpin group said the venue had it but didn't turn it on-cant be true?:confused:

Good selection of machines,and think we all had fun.

Roll on Manchester!

Twas a top do and credit to all those involved in putting the show together and for carting all those machines around the country. It was great to see Heighway pinball's new mahine and have a few shots on it as well. Nice flow and shots to it even in it's early form.

--- In ukpinball@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Netherwood" <pinballmania@...> wrote:

>

> Its been relatively quiet on here compared to previous years, so here's some

> questions.

>

> Which game was your guilty pleasure ?

Mr & Mrs Pacman - the pin that first got me into Pinball in about 1984. Managed to complete the maze for the first time since the eighties, also got highest score.

>

> Which surprised you ?

Wheel Of Fortune - really attractive playfield & a really good example.

>

> Which Disappointed ?

Shrek - dull as ditchwater

>

> Which made you feel physically sick ?

All 7 of the games I "played" in The Open - best summed up by the Joker I played on Iron Man when I got 4 million instead of 3 million.

>

> Where is JTS ? He's normally got something to say ? Maybe he's still

> recovering from his pint buying.

>

> Andy

>

Back
Top Bottom