What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Dave Rolfe's Pinball Collection.

PinballDaze

Site Supporter
Alias
Pinball Dave
I have been helping Elaine Rolfe recently as she is moving house soon, likely to be August.
So, Dave's Pinball collection is up for sale.
There's 15 pins and spare playfields/legs. Any spare plastics for these are included.

These machines will be sold via this forum.. PM me with offers per machine. Offers over 9k for the whole collection.

I don't have photos. These have been stored for 6 years. Checked one foil backglass and it was fine. 3 have been set up.

Please respect her wishes that we don't haggle/discuss via forum.

Viewings will be welcomed at her home in Abergavenny.

Pins spotted.
Space Invaders *
Stern Lightning
Flash Gordon *
Rolling Stones (Bally)
Dolly Parton
Strikes 'n Spares *
Lost World *
Night Rider *
Harlem Globetrotters
Gigi
Central Park
8 Ball *
8 Ball deluxe *
Kiss *

Last edited:
Also,
If you want to make offers on 1,2,3 or more, then let me know.
Maybe I could hire a truck and do £40 delivery per machine. Just an idea at the moment. Would be good to see these pins in action once more.
I will submit all this to Elaine on Saturday.

A good response so far.
Trend is for individual pins, so keep these coming please.
I will sort through and will reply tomorrow (to give everyone a chance and to speak to Elaine in the meantime)

Sorry, I don't have photos. I will mark the ones that were set up and working back in 2013, with an asterix *

Update.
Had alot of interest.
Please make an offer for each machine and not for two or three (or four).
It's likely to be July if a trip is planned.
I have edited the earlier posts too.
Dave

Ok chaps. Have discussed with Elaine today. She's happy to know that most of these will go back into the community and be restored/played again.
We will be taking photos next week and will be published here.
Below is the list with the highest offers so far. There will be a few weeks, possibly 6-7 before final sales.

Space Invaders £900
Stern Lightning £850
Flash Gordon £850
Rolling Stones (Bally) £650
Dolly Parton £650
Strikes 'n Spares. £750
Lost World. £500
Night Rider. £500
Harlem Globetrotters £500
Gigi £400
Central Park £450
8 Ball £800
8 Ball deluxe £1000
Kiss £1250
Elektra £700

Dave

Last edited:
Dave was a mate I miss immensely. Made me realise my own immortality.
Some fine memories drinking beer/cider, sleeping under pinball machines, eating delivered pizza in Daventry, popping over at his meets etc etc.
I will never achieve what he has. The kids he changed the lives of thru fostering,looking after them, is an immense hidden story.Seeing the ex kids at his funeral showed that.
It helps drive me, in staying focused, helping strangers, thru NLP and actually doing summat in my life. Whether anyone is interested in these pins or not, his achievements, are really fantastic and relatively unknlown.
I am proud to have called him a friend, as I reminisce, with tears in my eyes, of a friend now gone, but, thankfully his character not diminished or forgotten.
Miss you big man

I think you will also have to put a specific price for each game if you are selling them supermarket as per the rules otherwise this place will start to stink like eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry @Neil McRae but I have to disagree.

I think you will also have to put a specific price for each game if you are selling them supermarket as per the rules otherwise this place will start to stink like eBay.

This is a bereavement sale. The former owner was a highly regarded member of our community. Many of these titles are rare and difficult to price.

We make an exception here. A bit crass to talk about "stink".

Apologies but I wasn’t being specific to the thread - just been a lot of threads where people are trying to run an auction and in my view that takes away one of the core values of this forum I don’t believe any thread should have an exception from the rules.

Being as Dave passed away, was an asset to the pinball community, as well as being a great guy, I am guessing @Paul will let this remain, in his memory and for his widow to recoup funds.
Normally people would have commented 're prices, tho I suspect for the same reasons I just said, people are willing to let it slide on this occasion.
If not it is his prerogative as his site

Oh and yes I’m interested in a couple of the games also.

Apologies but I wasn’t being specific to the thread - just been a lot of threads where people are trying to run an auction and in my view that takes away one of the core values of this forum I don’t believe any thread should have an exception from the rules.

Thanks for your valuable input, but I and I'm sure others with agree this thread is the exception.

This thread is an exception to the usual site selling rules.

No need for any dramas.

Dave was a big part of the pin community and is sorely missed by many here.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify here, Dave mailed me to ask if it would be ok, and I agreed purely because Dave (lots of Dave’s!) was a massive personality, and a huge supporter of events and things like this.

He is Sorely missed [emoji22]

Just to clarify, I am always open to exceptions to the rule, however they have to be special exceptions and a special reason. Just because you want to post in a specific way doesn’t mean you can - the norm should always be a price upfront. Auctions are specifically NOT allowed. You want that then eBay is your place (and good luck!!)...

Back
Top Bottom