What's new

Found it! Data East Turtles

Jimbo24

Registered
My boys are driving me nuts!

All they want is a Turtles..... Please help put a father out of his misery!

If there is anybody out there that has one they would like to part with, please do get in touch.

Thanks all.

don't do it!!

Agreed! It’s pretty terrible from what I remember. Although I can’t talk, as I have a Street Fighter II (and I love it!)!

I did see one for sale on either Liberty Games or Leisure Direct for £2k, which is of course overpriced, but if needs must it’s not too ridiculous.

Good luck!

I just had a quick look and the one on Home Leisure Direct looks to be sold.

Liberty Games are selling one at nearly £4K, which is daylight robbery!

Hopefully something on here pops up, although I don’t remember seeing one for sale for a while.

I had one of these as a project 10 years ago and I must say it was not the most exciting playing game i can remember, but each to their own, bad cats has pride of place in my family, which is also a marmite game! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the above replies guys.

Admit that game play is a bit dia but it is a case of theme over gameplay at the moment in our house....

Hopefully something will crop up in the near future....

Nothing wrong with Turtles, it's from the Data East stage of quite shallow rulesets so if it's the only game in the house it might get old reasonably quickly - but a good fun game for a blast in my opinion.

I've always thought the 5 DE "small" DMD games would make a cool collection.

I always fancied a Data East Batman purely because the translite is so cool. Sure the game isn't the best but at the right price I may bite

Nothing wrong with Turtles, it's from the Data East stage of quite shallow rulesets so if it's the only game in the house it might get old reasonably quickly - but a good fun game for a blast in my opinion.

Indeed - this era of small dmd DE games make great 'beer games' .... a few buddies round, set brain to neutral, just enjoy playing pinball :D Not every game should require you to have done an evening course on the rules before you can even begin ...:D

IMG_8388.JPG

Think Turtles would sit perfectly next to this....

At a fireside chat at expo it was revealed that data east and Williams were contemplating dot matrix at the same time but gary stern knew market leader Williams were lagging being in committing so when it came to designing check point they plumped for the smaller display as when bulk buying for mass production they were $5 cheaper each. Simpsons was meant to be first dot matrix game and some dm prototypes were made as we're some checkpoint with alpha numerics. It's well known T2 was meant to be Williams first dot matrix game but took longer to develop than gilligans island. I think that if star trek and batman had full size displays they would be much higher rated. The sound track on all the de games are exceptional . Love the custom speech on star trek . Not so keen on the naff transporter effect. Prefer it the next gen aa less stop start to play. As Sgt Grizz says they are simple press start have a blast games.

We have FULL POWER!

Ahh course it is. Not sure I've even heard of Checkpoint

Checkpoint was the first DM game, not the best game really but quite a nice painted backglass with animation (a small rotating wheel) and for some reason Big Ben chimes from the bumpers in one mode!

Also a ramp shot that measured the shot speed - but of course Vector had done that years earlier! :D

My boys are driving me nuts!

All they want is a Turtles..... Please help put a father out of his misery!

If there is anybody out there that has one they would like to part with, please do get in touch.

Thanks all.

I’m pretty sure @PeteB is restoring a turtles at the moment, could be ‘the one’ as far as Turtles is concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom