What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Data East/SEGA Machines : X Files / ST / TMNT etc

simonclarke

Registered
I'm looking for one of the following machines for my first pin:
X Files
Star Trek 25th
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (DE)
Independence Day
Starship Troopers
Stargate
The Simpsons (DE)
Batman (DE)
Tales From The Crypt
South Park

I have a budget of 1500-2000.

Happy to consider any Data East / SEGA

Please let me know if you have any your willing to sell. I only have the budget and space for 1 machine. Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
I've owned X Files, Starship Troopers and Star Trek 25th... of the three Starship Troopers had the best longevity by miles, the other two didn't stay here anything like as long.
I thought that X-files had an awful sound package that really got repetitive and boring, you'd have to be a huge Mulder and Scully fan to tolerate one for long!

I'd be really tempted to get another SST if I saw one for a good price!

I've owned X Files, Starship Troopers and Star Trek 25th... of the three Starship Troopers had the best longevity by miles, the other two didn't stay here anything like as long.
I thought that X-files had an awful sound package that really got repetitive and boring, you'd have to be a huge Mulder and Scully fan to tolerate one for long!

I'd be really tempted to get another SST if I saw one for a good price!
Hey no hijacking 😉😂

The reviews for Starship Troopers seem to be the only licensed machine Data East made, that non fans of the movie enjoy playing.

I'm on a x files binge atm after finally getting round to watching them. Such an awesome show. And Star Trek TOS is a timeless theme but I'm guessing that and TMNT may be out of my budget.

Thanks for recommending Troopers above the other two. Its always great to hear from people who've played.

Hey no hijacking 😉😂

Sorry, didn't mean it to come across that way, I'm not genuinely in the market for a new pin - I just meant that of those that I've owned previously it's the one I wouldn't mind owning again.

I'd have thought that price-wise they'd run X-Files - Star Trek 25th - Starship Troopers. With Star Trek only appearing in the middle there because of it's theme, a less popular themed game of that same vintage would be cheaper than X-Files I'd have thought. For what it's worth (if I recall correctly) I sold X-files for £350, ST25 for £550 and Starship Troopers for £800 - all within a few years of each other in the early 2010s.

Stargate is way underrated IMHO. Doesn't get much love here due to not being a B/W - the last one struggled to sell. Which means better bang for your buck if you can find one :D

No, I was joking. It's fine. We're all here with the same passion after all.

Unfortunately, I think prices have doubled in the past ten years for these if sold indications are anything to go by.

Really? I'm not going to pretend to have any actual knowledge on the order of value. Thats what the other forum is for. I just figured nobody cared about SST anymore, you can purchase it on Pinball Arcade though. Unlike the other two so maybe I am wrong.

Stargate is way underrated IMHO. Doesn't get much love here due to not being a B/W - the last one struggled to sell. Which means better bang for your buck if you can find one :D
I love the franchise. May I ask what you sold yours for? I can't find one to see the value. I just figured Gotileb meant low prices.

What about the popeye game at 1500
Looks like great fun. I just don't have an attachment to the theme. I'm slightly concerned about it may need a bit of work too. Gameplay wise, it seems great. Was contemplating if I can't find anything else.

I love the franchise. May I ask what you sold yours for? I can't find one to see the value. I just figured Gotileb meant low prices.
I don't own one - there's one at work I've played a lot though (too much :p). They usually go for around your budget (1.5-2k). The one I'm referring to was sold by MajesticPinball some months back: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gottlieb-stargate-price-dropped-again.44281/

@Big Phil still has a for sale post for one, but it's a year old so unlikely it's still available... https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gottlieb-stargate-£2000.44076/

Last edited:
I was looking for an xfiles not long ago but didn't have any luck. Got the itch from binge watching the show during lockdown.

Think TMNT and Simpsons were the first two I started looking for. Got a good offer on Simpsons but plumped for a Flintstones.

I was looking for an xfiles not long ago but didn't have any luck. Got the itch from binge watching the show during lockdown.

Think TMNT and Simpsons were the first two I started looking for. Got a good offer on Simpsons but plumped for a Flintstones.
Can I ask what the simpsons price was?

Can I ask what the simpsons price was?
About 1k 3 years ago. Then almost bought another really really nice one but had a storage issue for I think 1.3/1.5 k. I love the art on that one but after playing a ton at various shows I reckon i would tire of it quickly. The stern one is awesome but a fair bit pricier.

About 1k 3 years ago. Then almost bought another really really nice one but had a storage issue for I think 1.3/1.5 k. I love the art on that one but after playing a ton at various shows I reckon i would tire of it quickly. The stern one is awesome but a fair bit pricier.
Thanks, it sounds like Simpsons is indeed in the top part of my budget 😊

I love the original show art on the simpsons. I think there was a star ship troopers up at a good price, but the good deals go quick.
Unfortunately, only 1 pinball machine in my budget has been listed since I joined. I'm hoping something here comes up this year.

Unfortunately, only 1 pinball machine in my budget has been listed since I joined. I'm hoping something here comes up this year.
I think I've seen everything on your list come up at least once over the last couple year except for the star trek. It's mainly the classics and pricier stuff the pops up most often hear. eBay/gumtree might be worth keeping an eye on.

i have a x-files and a twister which i have had for a few years don't play either much now i would sell at the lower end of your budget
i live local ish in Coventry if anything else you could play them to see if the game interests you or not

Attachments

• 20150826_201323.jpg
    20150826_201323.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 53
i have a x-files and a twister which i have had for a few years don't play either much now i would sell at the lower end of your budget
i live local ish in Coventry if anything else you could play them to see if the game interests you or not
I've literally just purchased a machine. If you can wait till Feb/March I'll definitely buy the X files when my bonus comes in. Terrible timing but thanks for commenting.

I've literally just purchased a machine. If you can wait till Feb/March I'll definitely buy the X files when my bonus comes in. Terrible timing but thanks for commenting.
I like it. First one purchased and you’ve already accepted you’re on the slippery slope and more pins are inevitable....which they absolutely are! No one stops at one, thats just what we tell the mrs when we buy the first one😂

Enjoy your Godzilla pin mate.

Back
Top Bottom