What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dans big day out

cooldan

i like pizza
Sweet :) Did you have Dan's off him?

it's true. i had an *awesome* day today, that started by me driving to Brighton with Dracula to Ive's place. i'd never seen the shack before, but first he treated me to a bacon sandwich, and we shifted Drac out of my car (easy) and Surf n Safari into it (almost gave up and decapitated it: the funky angle on the side of the backbox meant it wouldn't go down flat on the glass, increasing height by 2 inches. we had to release the head and slide it down, which also involved releasing an earth cable .... but got there in the end)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

after the bacon sandwich (sorry, i did not get a photo of this, you will have to believe me; the bacon was perfectly cooked, no rind to speak of, and just starting to go dark brown in places, but nowhere crunchy and nowhere flopsy; it was lovingly dabbed of excess oil on a kitchen towel before being served between good brown bread, with ketchup, and cut horizontally. i know you bacon fans will appreciate this detail) we went to the GrizZ shack:

4.jpg

we played on Tron, Tommy, Robocop and Baywatch, but had no time for Addams, Fish Tales, White Water or Monday Night Football. I admired MNF, having never seen one before, it looked lovely. he has done a bang up job on it, with real attention to detail (as evidenced by his bacon prowess. did i mention that the rashers were of a good thickness, and had a few streaks in their midst, but not so much as to make them too fatty or spoil the baconitude of their rasherdom).

then we went to TV's Will Barber's place, as he got ACDC yesterday (the good one with a lower playfield, not the crap one with a big stupid face in the middle instead) and played on that for ages til his missus and baby came home, and Will had to snap the dipstick on her Mini's oil gauge. Will also has a beautiful Shadow, a busted Back To The Future, and a (meh, in my opinion, though he loves it) XMen, but we stuck to ACDC as it's the boss.

when i drove home, the day got even better, as my little boy (coming up to 18 months, so leaving it late) took his first steps.

aaaaaaaahhh. these are the days we remember. rewarding myself with a nice Leffe Blonde now.

Great write up Dan.
And yes you should have got a picture of the Bacon sandwich.
Hope Ivan accompanied the Buttie with a nice cup of Tea.

brown bread, with ketchup

You heathens!!! White bread with brown sauce is the law when it comes to a bacon sandwich :)

Will had to snap the dipstick on her Mini's oil gauge

Is this some sort of southern euphemism? ;)

Looking good in the shack Ive.....TAF next to Tron, thats a sweet combo!

Looks awesome - I now want a house with a bigger garden so I can get a shack of my very own.....

Brown bread is allowed on occasions but Ketchup ? what sort of weirdos are you ?

might have to invest in a shack and move the pins out of the garage

Good to see you dude
AC/DC rocks!!!!!
But xmen is the better game....

Back
Top Bottom