What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daft question

jonathan

Site Supporter
On a TAF, when changing the region/language, does the wire have to be permanently soldered in place?

Or could you remove the batteries, make a connection between the 2 solder points, reinsert the batteries and start the game. Would this reprogram it as the new region or would it simply revert once the game is turned off again?

If that makes sense!?

It's currently in French and I want to change it to English/American

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't it the ROM that specifies language? Can you not navigate the menu and change it to English?

Interesting question.
Id guess it would hold as english untill the batteries drain or are removed while powered off.

Let us know....

Hi,

As I read your query, you're wondering if temporarily connecting a jumper (to force a reset) will alter the region setting long-term. In my experience, no. It's my impression that the software checks the jumper pattern during every power-up, and if different from when it 'signed off' it performs a reset. As such, a reset obtained/changes made by a temporary jumper connection would only apply until the program started up again - it may even reset if the jumper isn't still in place when exiting the test menus.

The early Wpc boards use zero-Ohm resistors for the region setting, but I think that region of the pcb does have the outline of an 8-way switch package screened onto it.

If it's simply English text that you want, the language adjustment with French in use is R.1.2#. The existing value will be 'Francais'. Similarly, in German the adjustment is E.1.2#, with the current value 'Deutsch'.

Back
Top Bottom