What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom sound, speech and music for gottlieb 80b and system 3 - oh go on then

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Whilst working on my 80b sound board recreation and building up the different channel sections, i came up with an idea to build a version for adding your own sounds, speech and music into a board that would still plug into existing technology. Powered by other similar technology that i am already using in some of my other projects and products here's a sneak peek of the early prototype

IMG_5206.JPG

The idea being that you will be able to load a set of sound files in WAV format on to an sd card which will then alter what your game plays during the game etc. The games have 31 different sounds that can be played including 7 music tracks

Looks fantastic - will this be something that you will work on to fit previous system boards? i.e System 80 / 80A

Latest updates for my custom sound board for 80b games. Some pics of the latest revision to the proto board using some more powerful embedded controllers to handle the sound processing better. The board can now play upto 4 channels of 44khz, 16 bit, stereo sound (cd quality) sound. So that's enough for 1 music channel, 2 sound effects channels and 1 speech channel. I have the board playing the original sound effects and music from gold wings via wav file samples read directly of sd card and of course you could swap these out for original score and effects etc. The possibilities here are endless.

The board is also instant boot using embedded controllers. no computer os system boot up delays. More vids soon when i plug this into my gold wings game and play some games to test it out.

IMG_5269.JPG IMG_5270.JPG

Back
Top Bottom