What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current state of pre-built virtual cabinets in the UK

Veeb

Registered
Hi all, I've been lurking for a few days now and I'm pretty keen to acquire a pre built vpin cabinet within the next 3-6 months (pre-built due to general cack handedness on my part) and have been doing some research, can anyone please advise if the below summary of the current environment is correct or if I've missed anything please? Generally I'm looking for something 4k 43" 120/144hz with all the bells and whistles (or a decent spec at least).

It seems in terms of quality Xtreme gaming cabinets in Oz seem to have some high regard, however the lead time is literally years now from the sounds of it plus although the original price seems reasonable there's vat/shipping on top.

There's also rec room world in the US whose ultra cabs again seem very well regarded, but are prohibitively expensive (maybe around £10k all in where I'm probably thinking more half that)

Similarly virtua pin gets mentioned quite often but again US based with shipping and vat skews very expensive.

Are there any decent UK based suppliers that can match the quality/specs of the above? Xtreme being the benchmark? Or any other options that I may be missing (that don't involve building myself) please or is the UK market just not as mature?

Thanks all for any guidance or suggestions.

Not doing anymore Vpins from scratch.... but this may be worth a read.

Arcade land ones are okay. They have improved over the last 18 months. The first ones they did had basically images of a hard drive from machine I built a long time ago, I also found wires twisted onto buttons rather than crimp luged or soldered - but from what I see they are now better and fit loads of the toys etc.

The only thing I can not comment on is the cab building quality. Beware of poorly constructed MDF machines. They need to be in ply and decent thickness. Not 12mm!!!!!! Generally pin cabs are 3/4 inch ply.

There was an awful company around called Kase-EO (or something like that). If you picked up the machine (with it on legs) you could bend the whole cab. If you had an expensive screen in it then it would be curtains.

Do not order from virtuapin or outside the uk - the carraige and VAT will add prob a couple of grand on the price.

The best thing I can say is if you want to get a cab - all the parts - all the PC gear - everything I ask for. I would put it together but would cost you about £1400 in labour.

You can download cabinet files - get someone with a CNC machine to knock it up and build it together for you.

The best thing I can say is if you want to get a cab - all the parts - all the PC gear - everything I ask for. I would put it together but would cost you about £1400 in labour.
Bargain, took me a year to build my half size one. As fun as it was to build.... immensely fun... It took ages, it seemed to take forever.

Not doing anymore Vpins from scratch.... but this may be worth a read.

Arcade land ones are okay. They have improved over the last 18 months. The first ones they did had basically images of a hard drive from machine I built a long time ago, I also found wires twisted onto buttons rather than crimp luged or soldered - but from what I see they are now better and fit loads of the toys etc.

The only thing I can not comment on is the cab building quality. Beware of poorly constructed MDF machines. They need to be in ply and decent thickness. Not 12mm!!!!!! Generally pin cabs are 3/4 inch ply.

There was an awful company around called Kase-EO (or something like that). If you picked up the machine (with it on legs) you could bend the whole cab. If you had an expensive screen in it then it would be curtains.

Do not order from virtuapin or outside the uk - the carraige and VAT will add prob a couple of grand on the price.

You can download cabinet files - get someone with a CNC machine to knock it up and build it together for you.
Thanks for the info, really useful and kind of confirms my thoughts around the off the shelf domestic offerings.

I'm keen to do some homework on your other suggestion and would be great to understand the logistics and feasibility. Is there such a thing as a standard parts list that I can take away and look at pricing up for a start? I probably have a few months to go before I make a concrete decision.

Similarly with the cab, I don't know anyone in the field but might be able to find a commercial outfit, are the files available online at all?

Conscious that I don't want to take up your time also, so if not at hand, not to worry, I'll see what I can dig up with some desktop research. Cheers again for your help so far.

V-Pins come up for sale on here so the easier option would be to keep an eye out or put up a wanted ad, unless you want the satisfaction of building it yourself.

Thanks for the info, really useful and kind of confirms my thoughts around the off the shelf domestic offerings.

I'm keen to do some homework on your other suggestion and would be great to understand the logistics and feasibility. Is there such a thing as a standard parts list that I can take away and look at pricing up for a start? I probably have a few months to go before I make a concrete decision.

Similarly with the cab, I don't know anyone in the field but might be able to find a commercial outfit, are the files available online at all?

Conscious that I don't want to take up your time also, so if not at hand, not to worry, I'll see what I can dig up with some desktop research. Cheers again for your help so far.
I’m currently doing my second 4K Vpin build.

As well as Phil’s comprehensive and invaluable advice and support I would recommend the Pinscape Cab Build Guide.

Will tell you all the basics you need to know:

V-Pins come up for sale on here so the easier option would be to keep an eye out or put up a wanted ad, unless you want the satisfaction of building it yourself.
Thanks for the heads up, will keep my eyes peeled too see what becomes available and factor this into my options.

I’m currently doing my second 4K Vpin build.

As well as Phil’s comprehensive and invaluable advice and support I would recommend the Pinscape Cab Build Guide.

Will tell you all the basics you need to know:

This looks like a great resource, I'll dive in, thanks very much for posting the link.

Back
Top Bottom