What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crimper wanted

most of the local guys do the tools, although be prepared to be shocked as they are not cheap.

I think i got the cheaper plastic one of andy at pinballmanic.co.uk
Phil does the metal ones at pinball.co.uk

search under tools. IDC punch down tool

I also have a few of the BT idc tools which sort of do the job but are not perfect (wrong gauge)

That's an IDC connector so all you need is the plastic push tool that looks like a spoon that mated with a screwdriver.

Or just push it in yourself using a screwdriver, preferably a wide one (ie not too sharp) and a sharp tap from a hammer

Ive also installed the wires my placing them over the teeth bit and pushing down on either side with a blunt terminal screwdriver forcing the wire down and the teeth to bite into the sheath of the wire

but after you have done a few connectors you end up buying a punchdown tool

Might get some bulbs too for the header translite while I'm at it. Noticed the TZ had a number of them missing. Is this common or is someone trying to save a few bob on leccy bills ;-)

Might get some bulbs too for the header translite while I'm at it. Noticed the TZ had a number of them missing. Is this common or is someone trying to save a few bob on leccy bills ;-)

Kenny,

Are the vacant sockets black rather than the more usual white(ish) neutral colour?. Twilight Zone was originally equipped with '#545' bi-metal twinkling bulbs in the black sockets. These are a shocking price to replace, so many owners have installed the older-type bayonet fitting sockets in order to use the more readily available #455 bulb.

Back
Top Bottom