What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Creature from the Dank Saloon **Finished** .. Full Pics!!

Make sure you cleaned that screen out thoroughly. You used Acrylic I paint I presume? It's great when you can see how close you are, good luck with the 2nd attempt!
(What do I ever get right 1st time? Nothing!)

Make sure you cleaned that screen out thoroughly. You used Acrylic I paint I presume? It's great when you can see how close you are, good luck with the 2nd attempt!
(What do I ever get right 1st time? Nothing!)

Yep acrylic screen ink. I used water based because the cleanup is easier, and i didn't want to mess the screen up accidentally. I plan to put a matte seal over it once done so hopefully that'll give it a bit more resilience.

Interesting thought about the colour matching @Toxteth O'Grady , it does look more green in person as well. Might check on the dried result today and see what I think.

I have to agree, green works really well for this title.

Another 'happy accident' in the world.

I went out and gave it a bit of a poke this morning and it rubbed right off 😬

I wonder if it's because my rattle can black (upol) might be oil based and the two are conflicted? Or do I need to heat gun the ink after screening it? Blimin paint.

I did quite a bit of screen printing at University but not to timber. You won't need to heat the paint after applying it but it shouldn't just rub off either. Sounds like adhesion problems down to the paint you were applying it to. Oil based paint can be a pig to apply other paint to....

Replicas did an amazing job with screen printing some of my backbox's. Probably worth dropping him a PM for advice.

I got mine from the same place as Daz which I can’t remember where it was but I have a feeling they may of stopped selling it. I’m sure Daz will be along at some point

Okay tried with some undiluted water based neon stuff (https://www.sfxc.co.uk/) which was surprisingly a lot thinner than the previous gear. Cleared backbox and screen from dust, glooped the neon stuff out, single flood pass, transfer to the backbox, single pass with feeling this time, and then blasted it with a heat gun immediately afterwards for good measure.

Much better result, and the ink is fast this time.

20200107_131040_1.png

viva la idiot whoop whoop

I've been working on the playfield for the last few weeks. After a gruelling couple of months when all you have to look at is bags and bags of metal, dust, and rust, this is the part when you start to get some payoff.

Sexy imagery ahead.

Teal pops with clear body/skirts.

20200115_140652.jpg

As you can see I'm going with a bit of a teal theme, and trying to tie it into the teal water of the playfield. Given that creech is a bit of a unicorn puke of colours and themes, I'm trying to steer it a bit in a single colour direction, if that's possible.

20200115_140645.jpg

Top left - I stupidly whizzed the backboard when drilling a new hole. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Will be fixed soon.

Bottom playfield - swicthes in, switch loom going back in.

20200115_140509.jpg

20200115_140525.jpg
20200115_140544.jpg

Davey I'm absolutely drooling mate! Excellent work on the playfield, where did you get the purple plastic wire clip thingies from I love those 😂

Davey I'm absolutely drooling mate! Excellent work on the playfield, where did you get the purple plastic wire clip thingies from I love those 😂

A fella I know in the states dyes them himself. They work out at about 20 quid a set posted.

Here's some we got made for @Solar Sailer a little while ago:

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

If anyone wants any let me know 👍

A fella I know in the states dyes them himself. They work out at about 20 quid a set posted.

Here's some we got made for @Solar Sailer a little while ago:

View attachment 99967 View attachment 99968

If anyone wants any let me know 👍
Yeah these are cute. I know they are under the playfield but they look good and makes a good USP when selling a machine. Shows love!

Purple are in my Creech. Blues went in Shadow which has now left the Solar Sailer estate!

Back
Top Bottom