What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cramming in as many games as i can into one room

cooldan

i like pizza
hey guys. last summer while the missus was away out in Asia, i squeezed 7 machines into my living room. this year i intend to consign that sorrowful effort to the history books.

so far i have 8, but i reckon if i turn the dining table on it's side, i could fit another 2 in there, maybe even 3. of course i *could* put another couple in the conservatory, but even with covers on, i think that's a bit risky - the covers would protect from sun-bleaching most of the time, but i reckon the sun could bake those things so much that the plastics could even melt, seriously, on a hot day.

good old Google Sketchup was my friend yet again and allowed me to do some planning before the lugging began:

living room design.png
so anyway, i plan on having a few socials so i will try to sort out some dates. several Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays over the next 5 weeks probably. then again in August for more of the same.

i can probably also replace that pointless long coffee table with another pair of machines back to back.

:cuckoo:

Where do all these pins come from?

If they are all yours Dan then you need to build a permanent place for them!

I can see why your wife leaves you for so long, it gives you time to get the house back to normal before she returns.

Ps the first question doesn't need answering, and you must have a very understanding wife.

Well done :thumbs:

That's proper pinball collecting! :thumbs:

None of this "my wife allows me keep one pinball machine in the garage as long as I cover it up, when it's not in use (in case we have guests!) and I am allowed to play it every other Tuesday if I have done all my chores" nonsense that some people come out with :p

hiya Vinny, yes I do. I managed to shove the coffee table underneath but when folks visit we do still need somewhere to sit. I think it works quite well.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160606_1630a7077806929a8066661393d7106a.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160606_9aeaacfb6a0d3b6c0440e3cf32b52157.jpg

Gonna be 9-11 in total : LOTR SP CFTBL BTDK MB AVATAR SHREK DES A13 (+/- SOP and +/- SS)

i might hafta stick at 9 after all and keep the big dining table by the fishtank, as i do need to work from somewhere, and need a place to put the pizzas and beer down on ..... but i'm wondering if i can put a second one alongside LOTR instead ..... hmmmmmm

Who's up for a sesh?

Last edited:
haha! Dogs don't follow football. They follow A football yes, but not football as a whole. I said whole you whore.

Hmm, I can help with a suggestion here Dan. You see that room? Well anything that isn't a pinball machine should be thrown out.

Book cases, tv's, fish tanks, chairs, sofas, tables - throw all that out. You don't need a fan either, just open a window. The dog can go. Basically you want to throw out anything of non value (pretty much everything), and that even includes the wife.

Now you can enjoy your hobby in peace and get a few more games. By your sketchup, I estimate you could get another 5-6 games in there! :thumbs:

I was feeling very pleased with my self this weekend for finally bringing my third pin into the house! However, I think my efforts pale into insignificance by comparison.

PS. I would love to join in for a few games.

hehe, well i have 9 in now, and no. 10 is all ready to come in. here's a quick 40 second walkaround. it seems odd that it seems to focus on the fan, thnat's because i acvtually made it this afternoon for someone who was asking about my dog in this heat, and what kind of fan i had. anyway. i've been going round checking flippers, installing NVRAMs and custom cards, chasing switch errors, resetting high score tables etc etc.

am sorting out some dates now - various Fridays Saturdays and Sundays - but any of the nearby mob are welcome to message me and just come over for some pin. i'm probably gonna do about 4 largish gatherings, as i need to accommodate local neighbours and friends as well as you sad lot.

Back
Top Bottom