What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPR Shadow Plastics Are Now Out

Ah I see it now, the piece under the battlefield. On the one hand it's nice that they give you 2 or 3 of something but on the other hand it doesn't fill me with confidence that they will last long. An email I received from them said they would be virtually un breakable. I think they would be better off just giving you clear protectors for the often broken piece.

PETG is very resilient to ball strikes, got some good flexibility to it. However, over time any type of plastic is prone to damage when it's having a steel ball smashed into it. With them providing replacements it means you can go crazy apesh*t when playing and not worry about breaking an unobtainium plastic :)

Are you happy with them compared to the original? The pictures seem to show they look good but I have accidentally bought some bad scanned parts in the past.

CPR make some great stuff, but they really need to up their quality control. Seen the WW playfields they did recently?: Apparently its an issue they are aware of, cant fix, yet put them out like that anyway because they have no other choice. Sound good?

Attachments

• crazedinsertww.jpg
    crazedinsertww.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 23
Is the insert black, missing or covered with black print? That is pretty bad form.

I think that just bad light in the photo, but the defect is in the clear inserts. Look closely and you will see there lots of little cracks. Not all of them were like this from CPR, but they sent them out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom