What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cows and Easter eggs

rowansalger1973

Registered
image.jpg

No, it's not a duff DMD!

One of my favourite things about pinball are the hidden features in a lot of the games know as cows and Easter eggs. If you go to ipdb.org there is often a link to the website below and can be great fun to play around with. I can't resist getting the dog to pee on the dead sniper in JD and I was aware of the secret poker with Riker mode on my STTNG (hold trigger and press right flipper button when selecting 25 mil or video mode). I also never miss out on the 10 mil bonus award of both flipper buttons when Data says: "If you had propelled the ball on the proper trajectory you would have been rewarded!"

I thought I knew them all on STTNG but I wasn't aware of the hidden brick game ala pong or the Steve Ritchie game animation homage (During Attract mode, press the following flipper sequence: Both flippers, 8L, 1R, 5L, 1R, 5L, 1R, 6L, 2R)

I found these and many other hidden treasures at:

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm

The apparently top secret brick / breakout game only surfaced a few years back so I wonder how many actually know about it. It took a few attempts to get it right as the website wasn't clear.

1 start a game
2 Press the following sequence: Both flippers, 1R, 2L, 1R, 4L, 1R, 8L, 2R.
3 begin paying the game normally
4 get the holodeck mode (right ramp x 3 then right orbit)
5 when prompted for holodeck choice 25mil / video mode, hold gun trigger and press right flipper button
6 instead of Rikers poker, breakout starts. You get 5 shots in a breakout (pong style) game

Does anyone else have any top choice cows or Easter eggs that are worth a mention? Do any of the newer games have these?

Last edited:
I found this blogpost from Dwight Sullivan who also designed STTNG about the "top secret" brick game.

http://mypinballblog.blogspot.com.au/2008/01/hidden-brick-game-in-sttng.html?m=1
I just did both those today on my sttng for the first time, cheers mate! I like the dancing frog on IJ, mine cart mode break through the 4th barrier that passes on the right hand side, but have to press both flippers when starting the game, a good crotch thrust works for me :thumbs:

It's always fun to find something new after all these years. I'm a little surprised that Popeye and Twilight Zone don't have any. At least not according to the website above.

Are the newer Stern games still using cows and EEs? How about our Welsh friends? Has anyone asked if Full Throttle has a secret video mode buried deep in its code? If so, I wonder what it'd be?

Back
Top Bottom