What's new

Couriers from Northern France

jonathan

Site Supporter
Been offered a nice game from Northern France. If I lived closer to the tunnel I would collect myself but petrol prices are daft these days.

Anyone know any decent couriers who would collect?

Thanks

Jonathan

go to Shiply.com and post the job on there, you will get people bidding on it. private drivers. the price will keep dropping, you'll probably get it down to £100 or less

I used P4D recently. If the seller can strap it to a large pallet, then it's straightforward,can all be arranged online. Cost me £176 to ship from Paris.

I paid £115 delivery for a Candy Cab, strapped to a pallet, from France (near Toulouse) last December. The seller arranged it so not sure of the shipper (probably Colissimo, but their website is in French), but gives you an idea of prices.

Last edited:
Looks like I may have overpaid then :oops:, although the length of the pin means it just exceeds the limit for a half pallet.

Looks like I may have overpaid then :oops:, although the length of the pin means it just exceeds the limit for a half pallet.

Could be exchange rate changes too tbh, I'm not sure how the Euro/pound has changed since last Dec. It was Euro 165 :)

Thanks folks. I've used Shipley before

First quote..... £495 :rofl:
Is that door to door quote?
Interested to see range of quotes as 'nearly' bought games from France, Belgium, Germany and Portugal;)

Yeah. I live in Durham so for me to collect it would cost £150 diesel, £40 vanhire, £60 eurotunnel tickets = £250

First quote around that gets the gig. I'm saving that with the decent exchange rate atm so it's not too bad

Thanks folks. I've used Shipley before

First quote..... £495 :rofl:

You can usually ignore the first couple, they're always OTT. I've found those I get a few days later are more reasonable.

Has anyone been able to source a trusted courier to pickup in Europe AND do the cash payment aspect? I find loads of machines over there but seller often wants cash on collection as only way.... Could do with Martin stretching afield.

I've got one arguing with me now saying there's no way I would be able to do it myself for less than £300!?

I drove to Paris to pick up a candy can once for less than that, this place is 2 hours closer!

Palletways.com I've used them several times recently to bring pins in from Europe, 220 euros door to door 2 pins on a pallet. Depends if you trust the seller to package it up ok and strap tight to a pallet. They have a UK depo you can call.

Just be carefull with putting it on a pallet some couriers won't touch it if it's on a pallet as its then freight and needs a fork or at least a pallet truck and tail lift to shift it.

I usually wait until I've a courier sorted and then get it prepped for them the way they want it (pallet/no pallet, strapped or wrapped etc)

But I guess that also depends on how helpful your seller is also.

I'm going to guess that Jon's found a MB. Possibly paid 3.8k for it and will get shipping for £160.

Maybe we can do it like that really crappy Mastermind game from the 1970s when you got different coloured pegs for your answer. I reckon I'd get 2 black and one white peg for this;)

s_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_736x_16_30_05_1630053452bd618f1a51afc71fc0fbe2.jpg#

Or we could just play

c1.staticflickr.com_3_2760_4440395726_850c2e0835.jpg

I'm going to guess that Jon's found a MB. Possibly paid 3.8k for it and will get shipping for £160.

Maybe we can do it like that really crappy Mastermind game from the 1970s when you got different coloured pegs for your answer. I reckon I'd get 2 black and one white peg for this;)

s_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_736x_16_30_05_1630053452bd618f1a51afc71fc0fbe2.jpg#

Or we could just play

c1.staticflickr.com_3_2760_4440395726_850c2e0835.jpg

I used to love that Master Mind game ...we had the Deluxe version though .... :cool: Those were simpler times, when a few pegs and guessing colours would see you thru till Christmas.

That would keep my kid's attention for about 10 seconds then back on the xbox. I used to love that game too, I'm sure the board on mine was black though not grey

Haha, no it's not a MB unfortunately.

I'm spinning plates at the minute trying to sell my AFM to raise funds, trying not to be gazumped for what I'm buying and organising international transport for it at the same time. Made all the more difficult by the seller deciding to go on holiday to Holland this weekend and turning his phone off!

I've had couple of offers on Shiply of £249 which I'm happy to pay. It would cost me that to do it myself. They might drop lower yet.

Is Shiply full of angry men? I've had one being a knob all week because I wouldn't give him £500 for a job others have quoted £249 for.

I've then had another ignore all my questions about why he has very little feedback and what insurance he has so I declined his quote. He just emailed to call me a time waster :confused:

Is Shiply full of angry men? I've had one being a knob all week because I wouldn't give him £500 for a job others have quoted £249 for.

I've then had another ignore all my questions about why he has very little feedback and what insurance he has so I declined his quote. He just emailed to call me a time waster :confused:

If anyone wants to get a bit of an insight into how some of these websites and 'independent' drivers operate then try and catch the 'document-soap' ShippingWarsUK' currently running nightly on Channel 4 (think 'Storage Wars' and programmes of a similar ilk'.

A lot of it is obviously fairly staged/setup, but gives an 'interesting' insight into how elements of the freight/courier market work in the new online market. If nothing else it will re-assure you why Martin will always be the best option if you can use him!

Back
Top Bottom