What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cool way to get into pinball festivals for free!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Is this something that has been actually happening...!? I don't trust people enough to disbelieve it!

Not so much ‘the pin’ but people have been bringing broken or incomplete machines to shows and getting free entry and free into the “lock in” after hours.

Very evident in tpf (we told one of the show organisers when asked what we thought of the show, he said yeah it’s a major problem allright) It has also been done in the past at U.K. shows to a much lesser extent. All it needs is a bit of a quality check at setup stage, although I guess transit damage is always given as an excuse / reason.

Not so much ‘the pin’ but people have been bringing broken or incomplete machines to shows and getting free entry and free into the “lock in” after hours.

Very evident in tpf (we told one of the show organisers when asked what we thought of the show, he said yeah it’s a major problem allright) It has also been done in the past at U.K. shows to a much lesser extent. All it needs is a bit of a quality check at setup stage, although I guess transit damage is always given as an excuse / reason.
I would reckon that the organisers (or at least the tech staff of the event) would know enough to decide whether each given claim is legit or bull**** (a broken wire, solder joint, toy mech etc. is different from outright missing board sets, or no head - I saw at least one game with no head on the walkthrough of WGC 2019!) Get the feeling these kind of checks aren't done out of trust/courtesy.

Back
Top Bottom