What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting WAV Files to MP3

DRD

Registered
Does anyone know a safe and efficient way to do this, without risking downloading viruses/ malware please?

I have loads of CDs downloaded onto iTunes for use in iPods. I have a VW head unit without iPod compatibility that has a SD Memory card slot and it seems to want MP3 or AIFF format files.

Thank you

Maybe get a trial of Adobe audition and see if you can do the lot within the trial period.

Reactions: DRD
I use NCH Switch converter (free for non commercial use) - I use audition too, but Switch is easy, versatile and good for batch work.

I use sox for this if I need to do loads at once. Here's a bash script. Just change ogg to whatever

#!/usr/bin/env bash
MIN_BASH_VERSION=4
if ((BASH_VERSINFO[0] < $MIN_BASH_VERSION))
then
echo "Sorry, you need at least bash-$MIN_BASH_VERSION.0 to run this script."
exit 1
fi

shopt -s globstar # bash 4.x command
# Convert wavs to something
AUDIO_FORMAT=ogg
for f in ./public/sound/**/*.wav; do
echo "converting $f to $AUDIO_FORMAT"
sox "$f" "${f%%.wav}.$AUDIO_FORMAT";
done

Last edited:
If these WAV files are in iTunes you can simply just use iTunes to convert them. It will create duplicate versions that you can drag and drop to your desktop then put on your sd card or share via usb drive etc

Back
Top Bottom