What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

converting token to coin

darren_ross

Registered
Hi.
I've made a deal on a Stern machine and after seeing lots of pictures of it I've noticed it takes token rather than the coins i need this to take.
Looking at the pictures it seems like a stern coin mech will fit one of the brackets and if i remove the crappy overlay from the coin slot it will take coins. However it doesn't seem to have the same plug that a stern coin mech needs.
Here's some pictures.
IMG-20170118-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20170118-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20170119-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20170120-WA0001.jpg

After speaking to some very helpful members I've found that this black plug is the correct plug for stern coin mechs. However it doesn't seem to have this?
downloadfile-3.jpeg

How do i convert this to take the black plug? Will i have to aquire the wiring loom that goes back to the boards?
I don't have a problem with buying a new coin door and mech but if i can't convert this is there much point to it?

Thanks

This is the UK coin cable where it joins into the main loom.
IMG_7723.JPG

Does the cable you have that goes to the token mechs have the same connector ?
Because if it does surely you just need the UK cable.

darren get a c120 coin mech and that black conector should fit stright in make sure you are set to uk pricing if its works just get another coin door
failing that just buy a pound machinical coun mech

darren get a c120 coin mech and that black conector should fit stright in make sure you are set to uk pricing if its works just get another coin door
failing that just buy a pound machinical coun mech
Chris i don't have the bit with the black connector. Just the pictures above.

This is the UK coin cable where it joins into the main loom.
View attachment 40669

Does the cable you have that goes to the token mechs have the same connector ?
Because if it does surely you just need the UK cable.
It looks like it has the plug with the 9 pins. Does the black plug just go straight into this one?

It looks like I'm just missing the uk cable.
Thanks for the help. Haven't got the machine in my possession yet so i can't check this.

It looks like it has the plug with the 9 pins. Does the black plug just go straight into this one?

Thanks for the help. Haven't got the machine in my possession yet so i can't check this.
I will have a looksee when I get home.

Here you go Darren.

First photo is the coin door end of the coin mech cable. There is the square black coin mech connector. A second connector (with green wires) that goes to the diagnostic buttons and the yellow wires for the coin slot bulb.
Second photo is how the cable is routed.
Third photo is the loom end of the cable and its two connectors.
Fourth photo is the connectors from the wiring loom that the cable joins to.

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7733.JPG

IMG_7732.JPG

Judging by this you can buy the individual wiring looms. Not sure which one you will need though as it is a tad confusing. Might be worth dropping an e-mail to Nicola Farmer at Electrocoin. I bet she can find out the correct part number for you. You will probably have to order the part through Electrocoin anyway as it will no doubt come from the US.

IMG_7736.JPG

Right that is a tad confusing. So it just looks like i need the 12 plug molex connector with pink wires to a stern coin mech plug.

I'll have a word with Electrocoin. Thank you for taking the time out to take all the pictures. We're getting there :)

Right that is a tad confusing. So it just looks like i need the 12 plug molex connector with pink wires to a stern coin mech plug.

I'll have a word with Electrocoin. Thank you for taking the time out to take all the pictures. We're getting there :)
The cable has the two plugs on it. The 12 and the 4 contact plugs.

Back
Top Bottom