What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congo Pics, post rebuild

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hi Group

In case anyone was interested ive finally got round to creating an album showing my Congo after it had the treasure cove treatment.

The fully stripped pf which is out of the machine also had the treatment but i couldnt pluck the courage up to swap them out in the end.

The currently installed pf isn't that bad as you'll see, so the other one is now about to hang on my games room wall (when i build my games room that is!!!!)

It also has the treasure cove inlane decals installed which i think tie in nicely. I always thought it looked a bit half finsihed before, with the plain stainless steel look.

Congos staying for a while so worth the effort for me.

The one at the slam had most of the GI out plus you couldnt really get to hear the cheesy sound bites and awesome jungle soundtrack, so if you're only experience of Congo was at the slam, dont base your opinoin solely on that!!

stay cool pin heads

Gaz

Congo is a really fun game , if you can live with Amy :)mad:) - I had loan of one for a while and really enjoyed it. The ruleset is pretty linear - but the playfield layout is sweet.

Balls spitting out of a volcano for multiball ....hell yeah ! Where do I sign up ?!!
biggrin-1.png
One of THE best multiball sequences in pinball.

You are right the soundtrack is awesome.

Oh but the choosing doors in the caves bit is pants, utterly random isn't it ???

Ha ha, yes the caves bit is very odd. It's always lit and is an easy shot. You can often get 40 million just by progressing through the cave. "you've reached the fork in the road" "will he turn left or will he turn right"!!!

The pf has come up really nice, seeing that makes me tempted to get one of these polishing kits. Has that been waxed after or is at all part of the process?

It really is a nice finish. The kit is expensive. All in with postage and those inlane decals (which were about $18) your talking the best part of £100!! About a quarter of that price was postage though.

That was for the kit which included the large and small pads. I'm guessing you could pick those up in most hardware stores though.

I'd been umming and arrring for months, each time talking myself out of it due to the ludicrous cost.

I'd posted on here and the yahoo group asking "is it really that good?"

In the end though I said sod it, I had some money in paypal from eBay sales (it seems like monopoly money sometimes when it's in paypal!!!) so took a deep breath and ordered it.

Postage was bloody quick only a week.

If you go through each stage and do it properly, it works a treat. The compound number 3 feels very gritty and it takes some guts to actually apply it but you've just gotta trust the guys at treasure cove and go for it.

I'd only recommend using the number 3 if your pf is absolutely minging, otherwise numbers 1 and 2 are adequate.

Obviously the more layers you apply the better the results. I did about 2 or 3 on my Congo.

I did finish off with a couple of coats of carnuba wax. The kit comes with a really soft lambs wool pad which buffs the wax up lovely. It does take some buffing though to get it all off.

There's enough polish in the kits to last your average pin hobbiest a life time.

So is the cost of the kit worth the money??? It depends on your take in life. I'm very particular about my things and enjoy cleaning stuff (I'm a bit of a Monica off friends) but I guess that attention to detail comes from my time in the Army. Im having trouble letting go!! Ha ha!!

Of course some will say your bonkers for paying it.

Anyway, can you tell I'm on nights at the moment and rambling on because I'm bored!!

Hope this helps mate

Gaz

I told you they were good.
biggrin-1.png

Andrew.

Gaz Shiells' date=' post: 1692582 said:
It really is a nice finish. The kit is expensive. All in with postage and those inlane decals (which were about $18) your talking the best part of £100!! About a quarter of that price was postage though.

That was for the kit which included the large and small pads. I'm guessing you could pick those up in most hardware stores though.

I'd been umming and arrring for months, each time talking myself out of it due to the ludicrous cost.

I'd posted on here and the yahoo group asking "is it really that good?"

In the end though I said sod it, I had some money in paypal from eBay sales (it seems like monopoly money sometimes when it's in paypal!!!) so took a deep breath and ordered it.

Postage was bloody quick only a week.

If you go through each stage and do it properly, it works a treat. The compound number 3 feels very gritty and it takes some guts to actually apply it but you've just gotta trust the guys at treasure cove and go for it.

I'd only recommend using the number 3 if your pf is absolutely minging, otherwise numbers 1 and 2 are adequate.

Obviously the more layers you apply the better the results. I did about 2 or 3 on my Congo.

I did finish off with a couple of coats of carnuba wax. The kit comes with a really soft lambs wool pad which buffs the wax up lovely. It does take some buffing though to get it all off.

There's enough polish in the kits to last your average pin hobbiest a life time.

So is the cost of the kit worth the money??? It depends on your take in life. I'm very particular about my things and enjoy cleaning stuff (I'm a bit of a Monica off friends) but I guess that attention to detail comes from my time in the Army. Im having trouble letting go!! Ha ha!!

Of course some will say your bonkers for paying it.

Anyway, can you tell I'm on nights at the moment and rambling on because I'm bored!!

Hope this helps mate

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom