What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confusing wiring hack help?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Just wondered about this! it's on DW I noticed the knocker wires were missing from the head, when I traced them from the driver board connectors they have been extended all the way to the coin door meter! WTF? anyone any ideas on this please?

Thanks Ronnie

Well I went into solenoid test and in knocker it activates the coin meter! What a lot of work for a balls up! Or am I missing something?

Cheers Ronnie

I think this is pretty normal, something to do with Dip-Switches? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chip in......

Coin meter ?
Do you you mean the little black meter ,if so it's for the ops to see how many free games are awarded .
In the past I have rerouted back to the back box and reinstalled the knocker !!

This is quite common on bally Williams dmd machines you use the knocker to count coin pulses say 10 pulses for a £1. I think BW games did not have a counter so operators added one for a quick tally instead of going into the audit menu and to stop the noise of the knocker continually firing.
You can remove the counter and wires if you want and reinstate the knocker and set the dip switches on the CPU board to USA setting if I remember correctly

Yes little black meter on the coin door. I see now, so it was to count the free credits for a match. Yes I will remove that and put back the knocker. Cheers for the explanation guys.

Ronnie

Some cpu have dip switches some don't ,it's to set the county the machine is in !
default setting is the USA setting so knocker will work
I bet it is already set at that anyway as the counter is working :)

Some cpu have dip switches some don't ,it's to set the county the machine is in !
default setting is the USA setting so knocker will work
I bet it is already set at that anyway as the counter is working :)

Cheers Carl will have a look, I would never have worked out why that would be done! But just read it in the manual A3-21 coin units, I don't have batteries fitted yet as I'm still considering nvram instead.

Cheers Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom