What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Compact Pinball Clock -last few FULLY BUILT - REDUCED

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
I’m gauging interest in this:

I’ve taken one of my bally colour score displays and added a clock function, so now i have a neat little unit that shows time and also pinball splash screens.

See this thread on the colour score displays:https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...ing-colourclassic-score-displays.53054/page-4

It will be configurable, so you can choose what it displays and for how long. Has dozens of fonts (nixie tube, neon, flip digit, 7 seg, etc.) and a growing collection of pinball splash screens. Ability to add your own fonts and pinball images. All stored on a sd card.

Built in real time clock with battery backup, plus option to connect to your wifi network to get the current time from t’internet.

Design wise it’s going to be 2 black pcb’s that plug together “sandwich style”, with the electronics in the middle, so a nice neat little device.

Hoping someone will be able to design and make cases for these as an add on. (@Colywobbles ?? 😄)

Very quick vid here:

Lmk if you might want one. No firm commitment or money needed now, I just want to order parts and pcbs based on rough demand. Timescale around 5-8 weeks.

Price will be around £55 for self build kit and £95 fully built.

Will post progress of the designs and prototypes here.

I’m in and happy to provide the cases for anyone. Whether it’s your custom design or mine.
I’ll pm Alan
I was going to suggest cases would probably be a good option. Suspect your spangly plastic making deely will be better than 3d printed ones. (well unless you wanted to embed the clock into some kind of model I guess)

Yes please for a self build one @AlanJ. As long as it doesn’t involve smd stuff.
There won’t be any smd soldering needed.

The colour screens plug into smd fpc sockets, which are pre soldered to the circuit boards in the factory.

The rest of the soldering is through hole.

Thanks for the support folks. That’s enough commitment to make it viable.

I’ve got a prototype circuit board arriving in a week or so. The real production board is ready to go once i’ve built and checked the prototype.

So on the hardware side looking at 4-5 weeks.

I’ve made a start on the software, this will be 2-3 weeks to get a beta release out and into test.

Current features for v1.0 are:
Operating modes:
1. Pictures (splash screens)
2. Time (hh:mm)
3. Date (dd-mm-yy)

Ability to set up a list of these, with a time: eg:
Pictures for 10 secs
time for 15 secs
pictures for 5 secs
date for 5 secs
time for 15 secs
repeat….. etc.

Pictures will randomly jump through all the files on the sd card.

Time - there will be ability to control which fonts it uses out of the 60 available ones. can have fixed font, pick from a list, or cycle all or random list or random any

Date. will cycle round a std pallet of colours , white, red, green, blue, etc

More features will be added in future releases.

I’ll also ask for users to help build up the library of pictures of games. - It’s pretty easy to create a set of 7 splash images. I’ll post how later on.

I’ll be open to enhancement suggestions too.

Prebuilt, cased please Alan. Any chance of an alarm/timer facility.
I can easily add alarm / timer to the software. I haven’t designed in any sort of speaker or buzzer hardware or a switch to stop the alarm. I’ll look into all that to see what it does to to the design, board sizes, BOM cost etc. Thank you for the suggestion.

I can easily add alarm / timer to the software. I haven’t designed in any sort of speaker or buzzer hardware or a switch to stop the alarm. I’ll look into all that to see what it does to to the design, board sizes, BOM cost etc. Thank you for the suggestion.
Prebuilt, cased please Alan. Any chance of an alarm/timer facility.
I've added space for a buzzer to the pcb design, and added a rear button switch:
1676453080114.png

Prototype board arrived today, and Ive built it up - this allows me to crack on with the software development.
I’ve added a small buzzer to the board, to have a play with some sounds / alarm features etc.

Along with the software and hardware development, we also need a good stock of pictures to display.

Can you help please?

So far i’ve created 160+ sets of images from bally and stern SS games.

stuff like this:
DF1208CF-4C1A-4D31-AA3D-69CDAD822489.jpeg

AFA8F0CF-F132-4257-9FA2-D43E39D4E94F.jpeg

03D1309F-FAE1-4D18-9A6D-63FB58D757E7.jpeg

2274B4D4-2E8D-4AB5-8F5C-1C9F1282B0FE.jpeg

Need similar sized pics of other games. Ideal pic size is 945 X 240 pixels. jpeg format.

I can cut easily then into the 7 separate files needed.

Lmk if you can help provide some images please.

Thanks.

Awesome Alan. I’d love to help but it takes all of my IT skills to open and subsequently save a Word document.

Prototype board arrived today, and Ive built it up - this allows me to crack on with the software development.
I’ve added a small buzzer to the board, to have a play with some sounds / alarm features etc.

Along with the software and hardware development, we also need a good stock of pictures to display.

Can you help please?

So far i’ve created 160+ sets of images from bally and stern SS games.

stuff like this:
View attachment 193558
View attachment 193559
View attachment 193560
View attachment 193561

Need similar sized pics of other games. Ideal pic size is 945 X 240 pixels. jpeg format.

I can cut easily then into the 7 separate files needed.

Lmk if you can help provide some images please.

Thanks.
I should be able to attempt it Alan. I'll do one and send it to you for QA 👍

Back
Top Bottom