What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour Display

pintableuser

Registered
Last weekend I fitted a Color Display to my AFM.

Hmmmh,

Tho' The Total Annihalation Mode is busy showing the colour display at its present best, to me, it's still far from the finished article.

Selling more units under new titles may give a healthier development budget but perhaps priority should be given to software to improve the lack of colour in the back-ground graphic

Reminds me of the early evolution years of an 8bit Nintendo........ but this IS .. 2014.

I like the work done on a Sega Baywatch by Dr.Pinball..... so perhaps we are not too far from a pin display for this century.

I think I'm in the hmmmm camp too. The display is something I glance at, not something I actually watch.

Also... I'm not a lover of mods on anything, for me, they devalue and detract. Saying that, others love em!

There are a few I have not been impressed with and others that really work well. As they are closed source, I wonder if they will get any further development.

Any mod that can be removed and returned to standard is fine by me, some really make a machine pop but each to their own. In time, there will be less and less DMD's available and so I am quite happy other alternatives are being made. It would be a real shame if a game was let down by a faulty DMD that couldn't be replaced.

I think I'm in the hmmmm camp too. The display is something I glance at, not something I actually watch.

Also... I'm not a lover of mods on anything, for me, they devalue and detract. Saying that, others love em!

how about putting stuff back in that was cut due to cost ?

Strange...... I love the colour DMD for AFM. Of all the titles I think it's come across the best. Really wasn't keen on TAF. Got one in my WH2O at the moment and it's OK but a strange choice of colours so might swap it over to another machine. Not tried it in STTNG yet but think it looks OK there

I love the Color DMDs. Got one in all the pins I own that have been released, I find that you notice more in Color, expressions on faces and things in the background etc its not just an orange blur, if you get my drift.

The two best DMDs out of the four are AFM&CFTBL can't wait to see what IJ turns out like, hope its the next one!

Fitted one to my Monster Bash and love it. It really makes the game pop. Easy it fit and works great.
The price is the only downside and the fact that not many machines have been done.
Would imagine it looks the biz on STTNG.

Back
Top Bottom