What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ColorDMD availability

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Are these readily available in the UK ?

Pinball Palace is all sold out. Anybody else sell them ?

I got a mail from Sean the other day saying he should have them back in stock soon, just held up at customs I think :thumbs:

Best thing they ever did was to make the code free. I've got to get around to buying another couple of screens.

And they've just announced Spike compatibility, good job because GB's red display looks incredibly dated now. And I would guess it's just another orange LED segment display with a red filter.

Think I'm going to treat my Iron Man to one :) Got an LED OCD board to fit to it as well so should look pretty sweet!

All you rich people splashing your cash on colour dmds:eek:
I wasn't too fussed about getting one, until I saw YouTube clips of LOTR with one in.
I might sell the plasma DMD I take out to offset the cost.

And arrived today!!, great service again from Pinball Palace :)

Anyone buying new or 2nd hand it's worth checking the pcb revision no. Only 1.3b will work on SM and I guess a lot of others that are yet to be coded.

Anyone buying new or 2nd hand it's worth checking the pcb revision no. Only 1.3b will work on SM and I guess a lot of others that are yet to be coded.
What do you reckon for ST? I've got a older (not 1.3B) Sigma in there already... it's not movie footage.

What do you reckon for ST? I've got a older (not 1.3B) Sigma in there already... it's not movie footage.
I don't know, Iron Man works with 1.3a, it has movie footage. My guess would be that ST will need the new one though, and all the Spike games I bet.

Apparently if you can solder surface mounted chips you can modify the old one. Sure there''ll be someone on the forum who can do that?

Last edited:
I e-mailed Sean the other day and asked if the new stock are the new hardware. He confirmed they are and that the LOTR display that I ordered can be put in my Spiderman when the code becomes available.

I don't know, Iron Man works with 1.3a, it has movie footage. My guess would be that ST will need the new one though, and all the Spike games I bet.

Apparently if you can solder surface mounted chips you can modify the old one. Sure there''ll be someone on the forum who can do that?
Not sure either - there doesn't appear to be that much 'video' in ST, just lots of the more traditional DMD animations. Oh well, i'll cross that bridge when i come to it :) They should sell the 1.3B PCB separately for those of us who can't do surface mounted stuff.

Back
Top Bottom