What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coil Pulse setting

Thory

Registered
Does anyone have their settings set to 'Hard' for the coil pulse option? I changed it the other day and my Lethal Weapon 3 and plays a bit more livelier, which I like - especially on the bumpers and the slings.

With Coil pulse on 'Hard' will it cause any problems further down the line ?

According to the Data East manual I'm looking at , setting coils to Hard increases 'strength' by 12.5%. I don't think in home use this is gonna cause any real issues. I suppose with pop bumpers the ball is being whacked slightly harder into the playfield surface but even so I don't think it would be anything to worry about.

My SW is set on hard. T definitely breathes a bit of life back into tired old coils (and I'm lazy!)
smile-1.png

I haven't tried the 'Soft' setting yet as I'm from the North so it won't allow me to use that setting :) Might see how namby pamby it makes the bumpers for a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom