What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coast 2 Coast - JPop

I'm an hour in to this and it's fascinating stuff. He's been very open and contrite so far. Some of it defies logic, like taking a year to get the new cabinet design finished and then patented (why patent a wooden box?). But mainly it comes across as a massive learning curve for him, and a fair amount of bad luck along the way - probably the story of starting any new business up. Just shows what an achievement @Heighway Pinball have made to develop their own platform and get it into production.

Pretty tiring listening to him go on. Really liked hearing about the WMS days.

Ended up being a bit - 'I've really grown and matured as a person, Stern and JJP, please make me an offer!'

Shame Nate didn't press him a bit more (why waste money on cab patents!) but I know that isn't really his style.

Haven't had a listen yet but will- I just wish there was more accountability in pinball for the money that people have invested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't had a listen yet but will- I just wish there was more accountability in pinball for the money that people have invested.

Completely agreed. Wasn't even an apology from Jpop!

Pinball is a funny one - there aren't many hobbies that see people willingly transferring large amounts of money to unproven entities for the promise of a machine at some stage. Doubt you'd see a car enthusiast invest a similar amount of money for the promise of a new car from an untested one/two company (who lacks a range of necessary expertise - designing bodywork, engine, safety, emissions, electronics etc). Seems to be either (a) more trust (though once bitten!) and (b) more disposable money available to those in the hobby to dish out.

Back
Top Bottom