What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliffy Ramp Protectors

ukgeezer

Registered
Hi

Are the ramp protectors a worthy purchase? on my BoP the right heartbeat ramp has an op repair using a screw where one side has broken at ball entry. Are they easy to fix to the ramp?

Thanks

Lee

Most of the cliffy protectors are a good buy as they protect from further wear. Some dont fit flush to the surface of the playfield and can cause irregular ball movements. Not fitted any to a BoP before, but i have fitted ones for sttng, and no fear. They were easy enough to fit.

From the pic on the cliffy site i would say if you still have the posts at either side of the ramp, you can still fit the protectors easily enough:

rp002-1.jpg

Cliffy is a great guy, his ramp protectors are ace, his scoop protectos can hinder the ball somewhat. Contact him direct, he doesn't normally charge extra for shipping overseas

I bought a set of scoop protectors from him recently and would echo what Nick says......great product, great service and a great guy
smile-1.png

I have a spare ramp protector for safecracker, if anyone needs one.....

Ramp protectors are great as long as you have enough ramp to connect them to. Not so keen on the hole protectors. IMO they should only be fitted if the hole is a good fit for the protector. I.e any damage is filled and shaped to fill the underside of the protector. Otherwise the protector will quickly be pummelled into the shape of the old damage. If the hole is in good order, then as you are going to keep it clean and use good quality balls, the hole should suffer limited wear without a protector fitted, and a protector will only hinder the balls flow. So in summary I'd only recommend a hole protector where damage has been repaired, but the repair needs to be covered for protection or to cover missing artwork.

Back
Top Bottom