What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Clear Perspex Cut To Shape?

andy

Site Supporter
I‘m after the clear plastic ramp cover for a High Speed, as shown.

Marco list them but they’re out of stock and I can’t find them anywhere else, so I wondered if anyone had got something similar for a pinball (or indeed anything else) cut to shape from a clear sheet of perspex, and if so would you recommend the place that did it for you?

1589823514540.jpeg

Cheers,
Andy

@Colywobbles
(sorry - couldnt resist!!)

Was listening to the radio this morning - all these new perspex screens that have been erected in the shops means there's now a worldwide shortage on perspex and similar plastic materials!!!

It’s 2mm acrylic sheet, trademark Perspex. PETG melts rather than cuts and leaves a terrible residue. Anything above 1.5mm req high end filtration as it produces excessive amounts of ultra fine dust and smoke. After experimenting with 3mm stuff it’s not going anywhere near my laser that’s for sure as I though my whole laser was gonna go up in flames!

So if you making PETG masks and the likes at 0.5mm that’s fine but much more and the results are horrendous especially if you need something aesthetically nice to look at.
although Acrylic is not as strong as PETG it is fine for our use, has a 10yr no smoke guarantee and I use extruded not cast which is not only more playable but also has quite a lot of give and bend for the likes of ramps ect.

oh and finally all my plastics have lifetime guarantee should you break em as long as the pin stays in your possession and you cover the cost of P&P which is usually only a couple of quid.

Col

Back
Top Bottom