What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

classifieds replacing parts for sale section?

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
I guess i'm not upto speed on recent changes here but is it best to move long standing parts for sale items into classifieds now?

I have quite a few long term parts items and products etc listed in the parts for sale bit which was working fine, but now there's this classifieds section with loads of new stuff in to??

Hiya,
The old section, as was, will cease to exist in the near future, so yes i would advise (also helps that you could almost copy/paste from one to the other).

There is a time limitation on all items in the new format (Machines & parts 30 days), however after this period they dont get removed, they just "expire" - simple couple of clicks and they are displayed again. means that if the seller disappears after x days their items also do (which ties in with this)

Reason for this is that it keeps things fresh.

I may look at extending the "parts for sale" to 60 or 90 days depending on how things go....

Hiya,
The old section, as was, will cease to exist in the near future, so yes i would advise (also helps that you could almost copy/paste from one to the other).

There is a time limitation on all items in the new format (Machines & parts 30 days), however after this period they dont get removed, they just "expire" - simple couple of clicks and they are displayed again. means that if the seller disappears after x days their items also do (which ties in with this)

Reason for this is that it keeps things fresh.

I may look at extending the "parts for sale" to 60 or 90 days depending on how things go....

Ok i understand for general one off sales, but for long term sales of electronic parts for pinheads that i was using the parts for sale section for it would be useful to have a longer time length. i dont think i am going anywhere unless somebody knows something i dont!

Also would it be possible to have a +vat option and post extra/included tick box on the price section for an add??

One other thing how do i edit the classified ad text. i must be missing something??

Ok - so i have increased the timeout to 90 days.. this should help :)

With regards to the VAT option, let me take a look. I may be able to add a radio box to allow this. Give me a few days to have a dig, and will let you know :)

Jim, just my tuppence before things are over complicated further, since you're majority selling to end users on the forum there's no need to exclude VAT, it's meaningless to most people so just display the inclusive price?

Paul... can i suggest you don't delete old posts? As the curator of the site you old a very high responsibility to the community to archive these posts. If they don't seem important now i can assure you that in the years to come they will be gold dust.

RGP was the same when Deja and then Google came along.

Yahoo groups too, although slightly different since it was a mailng list, but still golden.

It's the premise in which the Internet archive was started, although they're not designed to be relied on for things like this, we've all got to do our part.

If you need any extra resource hosting or with the archival/curation process please drop me a line I can help out!

Cheers

Paul... can i suggest you don't delete old posts? As the curator of the site you old a very high responsibility to the community to archive these posts. If they don't seem important now i can assure you that in the years to come they will be gold dust.

RGP was the same when Deja and then Google came along.

Yahoo groups too, although slightly different since it was a mailng list, but still golden.

It's the premise in which the Internet archive was started, although they're not designed to be relied on for things like this, we've all got to do our part.

If you need any extra resource hosting or with the archival/curation process please drop me a line I can help out!

Cheers

sure - i dont have a problem with creating an archive section and putting those in there... I'm a massive stickler for keeping things "local" i.e. so that if links etc are removed then this shouldnt sffect the content here, so items are cached... (Hence why we have 30Gb of stored images etc from the last x number of years...)

Cheers
Paul

Jim, just my tuppence before things are over complicated further, since you're majority selling to end users on the forum there's no need to exclude VAT, it's meaningless to most people so just display the inclusive price?
I was actually meaning i enter the ex vat price and the page calcs the inc vat price for me if selected. I work in ex vat I'm afraid!! If not possible then yes i'll have to work them out.

Back
Top Bottom