What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clarke Staple Gun

Robbie

Site Supporter
Some people may remember a post from me last week on advice for a suitable staple gun for fixing lamp holders and earth braid. Following some good leads I had a dig around and found out that typically Type 71 staples are used. Armed with this information it was much easier to find a suitable gun. I settled for a Clarke CSG1C bought from Amazon for £36.50 (free delivery with Prime).

http://amzn.eu/1xoF6FT

I also bought a box of 5000 8mm deep staples for £12.25

http://amzn.eu/5iHChwo

This particular gun requires a compressor, which luckily I have already. After some experimentation i found it to work best at about 50 psi. You can see on the trigger there is a safety catch however this is the only one... yes you are able to wildly fire staples down your garage (ahem) it would be easy to have an accident.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG IMG_1386.JPG

you can see from the braid that the new staple is the one in the middle and apart from some variation in colour, it matches pretty well. I may try turning the pressure down a little more so it is not squashing the braid so tightly.

Overall I'm really happy with it, it all fits in a supplied plastic case as well.

Just need to get to the playfeild swap now......

Rob

Good to see Robbie.

I've ordered a Tacwise 71 Series stapler which is electrically powered; so it'll be interesting to see how that matches up to your air powered stapler. Should be here Monday so hopefully give a report back some time next week.

The manual stapler I had actually managed to fire the staple into ply pretty well so i'm hopeful the electric one should have the required oomph to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom