What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cisco Pinball Machine

bluejonny

Registered
All

You may remember a while back I asked for some advice and help on creating a customised machine for my company, Cisco.

Well I have to say we (mainly Dave Rolfe!) have nearly completed the machine and it is looking better than I could ever imagined. As soon as we have pictures, we'll upload them to the site so you can have a look at what we have done.

Publicly I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Dave Rolfe for all his help on this project - and to his family for allowing me to stay a night as well as feed me!!

Suffice to say, we did get to play lots of pinball and I am still rubbish.

Thanks

Jon

Looking forward to see this project,
smile-1.png
will be looking out for the pic's.

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663387 said:
I was just looking at pics on facebook, looks great

Can we get them up on here or at lease a link to them ?

My facebook name is Dave Rolfe. But don't worry I will be posting some better pictures here shortly. I was just about to give up on this machine last night and heave it in the river. Then this morning a nice surprise parcel from CISCO (thanks Jon) gave me the incentive to carry on and fix it. Boring techy bit follows:

Initially I "fixed" the power supply before the real theming and got everything going but as soon as it had some real games on it everything that was gonna blow - blew. heres a list of the problems and solutions since I set it up.

1. Half the GI Missing - Rebuilt the connectors connecting to the rectifier board
  2. Rebooting at random - Replaced the pins on the rectifier board should have done that at 1. above!
  3. Switches not registering - Manual adjustment and adding caps to the new switches that didn't ship with them.
  4. Displays going mental after a few minutes - rebuild some pins (too lazy to do them all) on a connector to the Altek board.
  5. Digits missing on two displays - 100k resistors replaced.

There, feel better now, there were also an awful lot of mechanial fixes relating to having stripped the cab and rebuilt it.

You bringing to the pinball party? There'll be Forbidden Planet and Futurama, maybe we could set up a line...

Phil Dixon' date=' post: 1663472 said:
You bringing to the pinball party? There'll be Forbidden Planet and Futurama, maybe we could set up a line...

I don't think I can it will be out touring CISCO offices by then, but Jon has mentioned bringing it to The Slam.

Hi there - unlikely to bring it to the party, but the intention was to have it back in the UK for the Slam in Jan/Feb 2012.

bluejonny' date=' post: 1663482 said:
Hi there - unlikely to bring it to the party, but the intention was to have it back in the UK for the Slam in Jan/Feb 2012.

Nice.

To be able to see and play the machine will be a plus.
smile-1.png

Any movement on the pictures ?

replicas' date=' post: 1663483 said:
Nice.

To be able to see and play the machine will be a plus.
smile-1.png

Any movement on the pictures ?

Well it's all packed up ready to go now, they'll be a video on youtube tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom