What's new

Christmas Plans

Carl Spiby

Registered
I've managed to get this Friday until January 2nd off work, I don't plan on doing much over this time, just spending quality time with the o/h and having some non-pinball playing friends over to try and get them hooked now that I have a couple of machines in the house.

What is everyone else up to over the Christmas/New Year period?

Christmas Eve through Boxing day off, rest of the time working on stuff for my PhD (which is slightly more work than I was expecting it to be) :confused:

Working up to and including Christmas eve and then off until the 2nd Jan. Looking for a game to keep me busy so if anyone has got an early 80's Bally they want rid of, let me know :)

Going home for Xmas. Driving there early Xmas morning and visiting all the family over 3 days.

That means 3 nights in a Travel Lodge. We know how to live!

Last edited:
Down South with her family this weekend then back up North on Sunday for a quiet Christmas period. Technically working from home as project activity has quietened down until 3rd Jan, giving me chance to catch up with the admin. Will be tearing AFM apart for a playfield swap, cabinet decals & rebuild in the new Year, so i'll be hammering it at every reasonable opportunity between 23rd-31st Dec. Yes i am slightly nervous about doing it, but itching to crack on... it may get taken to a mates houseparty on NY's eve, but that's not confirmed yet.

I moved house last Thursday and the previously owners were finding it difficult to leave so pretty much the entire content of my old house went into the living room. Over the weekend we started the major sort out and now that massive room is being set up as the games room. I expect the next two weeks to be mostly around sorting out access so we can get more pins in as well as the odd job that needs doing to make the house secure, warm and working. IJ now has his legs on, so a trip to CoolDans for TAF and CFTBL is needed.
I think I will have room for 7 pins comfortably though the room could handle 12.
I have a lot of foliage on the path way to the house so if anyone is local to Luton and has a chainsaw, let me know. ;)

I have a petrol Lawnmower if you need to evict Tarzan.... And a Petrol Strimmer that needs a workout.... ;)

Good to see the return of "Geoff the Ref"
Sound like your new house will be a pinball heaven. No pun intended.

Just done a partial re-rubber on Indy 500 while a bit full of Xmas ale from the local! It's a lovely game that keeps on giving!

- Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I moved house last Thursday a......
I think I will have room for 7 pins comfortably though the room could handle 12.
I have a lot of foliage on the path way to the house so if anyone is local to Luton and has a chainsaw, let me know. ;)

Although I live in Devon, still come to my office in Harpenden if fancy a beer sometime.

Back
Top Bottom