What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Cracker 2022

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
The Christmas Cracker is now confirmed as being on Sunday 18th December 8th January, hosted by @Telboy again in Shepshed.

Entrance fee will be the same as last year - £20, (Under 17s free), with all profits going to charity, Shepshed First Responders.

The format will be based on Flip Frenzy again, but rather than being completely timed, it will be number of games based, to combat the upcoming IFPA changes which deter timed formats.
Basically, it will be exactly the same as Flip Frenzy, in that you play your game against the next person in the queue, BUT once you have played a total of 25 games you are finished and won't re-join the queue. This will mean that everyone will play 24 or 25 games in qualifying, before the top 4 play a PAPA style final of 3 x 4-player games. (Maxing out WPPR pts for those of interest).

You can register by posting on this thread AFTER 12pm on Saturday December 3rd.

Last edited:
Registered players

Wayne Johns @Wayne J
Terry Sullivan @Telboy
Phil Dixon @Sven Normansson
Andy Brock @Andy B
Greg Mott @robotgreg
Luke Grayson @GezTheHealer
Neil Grayson
Tim Porter @strobey
Naomi Porter
Diane Bush @Diane B
Clive Bush
Gene Aw @Genotime
Dan Lewell @DanLewell
Phoebe Lewell
Effie Lewell
Nick Marshall @mufcmufc
Leo Marshall
Chris Edis @ronsplooter
Matt Vince @Matt Vince
Sarah Vince
Lucy Vince
Katie Vince
Daniel Vince
Steven Smith @Steven
Roy Smith @Roy Smith
Neil McRae @Neil McRae
David Dutton @DAD
Paul Owen @Paul R Owen
Andy Foster @PUP
Paul Garner @Wizcat
Gareth Arnold
Ian Clarke @Milko1234
Garry Speight @Garry Sp8
Eddie Lehan
Chris Bowers
Alex Davis

Last edited:
Pretty certain we'll be there, if we register in time 😄

combat the upcoming IFPA changes which deter timed formats

This was mentioned a few months ago but I can't find anything in writing about the actual changes. Do you have any info or where I can find it? It sounded like they are nerfing the hell out of the format, which doesn't bother me too much as we mainly enjoy it for how fun and social it is. Would be good to understand the changes though.

Pretty certain we'll be there, if we register in time 😄

This was mentioned a few months ago but I can't find anything in writing about the actual changes. Do you have any info or where I can find it? It sounded like they are nerfing the hell out of the format, which doesn't bother me too much as we mainly enjoy it for how fun and social it is. Would be good to understand the changes though.
Google is your friend :)

In fairness you'd have to wade through a lot of the tilt forums thread to see that Josh's main issue with flip frenzy is the uneven balance of games. The fix (as Wayne has proposed here) is to keep the flip frenzy style of selecting pairings, but ensure the balance of games played between players.

It means less 'frenzy' about trying to finish your game asap, which may or may not lead to a slightly longer comp.

And you definitely shouldn't submit it to ifpa named anything like "flip frenzy" for risk of having your wpprs downgraded 😂. Call it head to head with "optimised queuing" instead!

Last edited:

In fairness you'd have to wade through a lot of the tilt forums thread to see that Josh's main issue with flip frenzy is the uneven balance of games. The fix (as Wayne has proposed here) is to keep the flip frenzy style of selecting pairings, but ensure the balance of games played between players.

It means less 'frenzy' about trying to finish your game asap, which may or may not lead to a slightly longer comp.

And you definitely shouldn't submit it to ifpa named anything like "flip frenzy" for risk of having your wpprs downgraded 😂. Call it head to head with "optimised queuing" instead!

I did try googling it earlier in the year but struggled to find anything. So now reading through the tilt forums thread👍
For us it's not we like the format because it's a frenzy (although sometimes appreciate the chaos of it), but because it is head to head games with a queue which is perfect for a small collection in a British house. We don't have the space to do group matchplay unless we limit the player number and head to head would have the same issue with it being rammed.

A head to head format with a queue and set number of games is perfect 😄

I don't wish to derail this thread, sorry guys.

Note, that due to a couple of reasons - the Cracker will now be held on Sunday 8th January, not in December as previously advertised, I've asked IFPA to change their Calendar.

The Christmas Cracker is now confirmed as being on Sunday 18th December 8th January, hosted by @Telboy again in Shepshed.

Entrance fee will be the same as last year - £20, (Under 17s free), with all profits going to charity, Shepshed First Responders.

The format will be based on Flip Frenzy again, but rather than being completely timed, it will be number of games based, to combat the upcoming IFPA changes which deter timed formats.
Basically, it will be exactly the same as Flip Frenzy, in that you play your game against the next person in the queue, BUT once you have played a total of 25 games you are finished and won't re-join the queue. This will mean that everyone will play 24 or 25 games in qualifying, before the top 4 play a PAPA style final of 3 x 4-player games. (Maxing out WPPR pts for those of interest).

You can register by posting on this thread AFTER 12pm on Saturday December 3rd.
Oh yes. Crackers ‘n all. Will be there.

Back
Top Bottom