What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking optos with phone camera

cooldan

i like pizza
On my iPhone camera I can't see any of them, even the ones I know are working. Does anyone know if this is a tech thing to do with my phone specs? Would another digital camera spot the light?

Thanks pin addicts

I've used cameras/phones for years to check optos and it has always worked for me, however my latest 2 cameras cannot see IR LED's due to the filters on the sensor. I imagine your iphone must have a phsical (or software) IR filter applied.

Note that you may also need to place the camera directly in the opto beam for it to be seen (and whilst pointing at the emitter)

Dan my iphone doesnt work either. 4s. But my real cameras do, canon, lumix etc.

Can always check with a tv remote, point it directly into the lens and press a button. Should see it light up unless the camera has an IR filter on it.

wow, 4 responses and all 4 had some good info in them.
love this place. i'm gonna check my phone using the remote, as a sensor filter makes perfect sense. i'm gonna use a different camera next time, right in the beam

arnold nodding.gif

I'm sure my iphone worked fine. Will try it again later to see if it works or not :D

My naff useless HTC seems to do this single function. Still hate it. However, Dan iPhone can't keep a signal for a phone call which is also kind of useless.

tell me about it. my iphone is a piece of crap when it comes to actually having phone calls - it has no signal whatsoever about half the time, or it has plenty of signal but calls go straight to my answerphone on it. in the last 24h i have spoken to 3 of the regulars here, and in every case the call either dropped out or was impossible to connect in the first place.

any techy types here know what's going on? is it a known issue with the iphone 4S or with my provider (Orange aka EE aka NN) or could it be all to do with my location (W7 3BQ) or something else?

bloody thing. i still love it to bits for all the non-phone uses, but am not impressed with it atm

Back
Top Bottom