What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Orbit clean

Nice been thinking about something like that for a while, better than wrapping a cloth and pushing it up with a long implement😃

Used it on my Tron with some cleaner.
Saves having to dismantle everything all the time.

View attachment 119981View attachment 119982View attachment 119983View attachment 119984View attachment 119985

Loving the translation skills in the description.

Taking off the ramps isn’t that bad, but yeah that rear orbit is annoying. I double waxed it once, but the rubber on the balls from the disc just leaves trails before too long. It looks like your solution is a lot more palatable :)

I have a clear disc that I never fitted you can have if you want, if you want to take the risk. Pros - no black rubber marks around the back, Cons - I’ve heard it’s violent (why I never fitted it)

Attachments

• D5704E02-D301-4A7B-97BB-3013ED2EED6C.jpeg
    D5704E02-D301-4A7B-97BB-3013ED2EED6C.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 28
  • EA78FFC3-099B-4E56-919C-B31C767E4C69.jpeg
    EA78FFC3-099B-4E56-919C-B31C767E4C69.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 27
  • BFB68E59-8D9A-4463-95D5-40A0BCB4FDFB.jpeg
    BFB68E59-8D9A-4463-95D5-40A0BCB4FDFB.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 54F90CE9-9AEA-4DDD-8CF7-37F95DE86339.jpeg
    54F90CE9-9AEA-4DDD-8CF7-37F95DE86339.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
^^^ Yeah matey, good effort on the deep clean 👍 those black marks build up relatively quickly, it drags debris all over the show.
I’ve purchased a spare black disc from PH ready to go when needed. Thanks for the offer on the clear...appreciated, I’ll stick with black for now, heard they keep things clean but have been known to spit the ball out at 200mph 😂 not sure if there’s any truth in it though as people tend to exaggerate on Pinside 🙄
That Telescopic duster is good as it bends to a degree into the orbits, I spray the cleaner on the head and it removes the black trails with ease.
It just can’t reach the back.

Yeah, that's the reason I never installed it. Some people say that it really amps up the game, because it will chuck the balls out and they will spin so much that they change direction, etc. There were (are :) ) too many mods on that game for me to feel comfortable with that risk, particularly that $350 odd arcade machine.

I've heard of people taking off the backboard to clean the rear orbit. I wasn't keen on that idea, because on the LE it's particularly difficult due to the moving Recogniser.

I've also heard of people using a microfibre cloth on the end of a screwdriver, or coathanger like wire.

The things we do for maintenance :)

^^^ Ooff, that would be one expensive game of Tron. Flying metal ball taking out one of the best mods ever. Think I would 🤮 then 😭

Clear disk requires a full plastic protector set unless you really want your BP raising when you hit the disc shot :D

The clear discs do calm down after a while.

I’ve never had an airball from the clear disc. Unless you have a clear disc fitted you’re not really playing tron!

Gents ref the clear disc, I heard they kinda disintegrate??
Did the self adhesive work ok or did you have to use an additional adhesive?
Apparently super glue makes the rubber brittle...

Edit: also, thinking of dropping the motor and adding a few drops of 3 in 1 oil to the motor shaft to see if it helps quieten things down a bit.
Anyone else tried this?

Last edited:
Gents ref the clear disc, I heard they kinda disintegrate??
Did the self adhesive work ok or did you have to use an additional adhesive?
Apparently super glue makes the rubber brittle...

Edit: also, thinking of dropping the motor and adding a few drops of 3 in 1 oil to the motor shaft to see if it helps quieten things down a bit.
Anyone else tried this?
No issues with my clear disc so far. Probably had it in for a year or so. Think I used super glue (2 part) if I recall. I also dropped some 3in1 in the motor but it made no difference to mine. Worth doing while you have it out though.

Quick Amazon search for "extendable duster" brought up this right away. Why to women degrade themselves for products like this? Imagine a guy doing this ad. What woman in their right mind dusts in a dress like this? I can hear the photographer now, "Okay, look sexier holding the duster", "Okay, now hold it more e-r-e-c-t"

$50GBP says she was wearing 3" + heels for this photo shoot as well.

Capture.JPG

Quick Amazon search for "extendable duster" brought up this right away. Why to women degrade themselves for products like this? Imagine a guy doing this ad. What woman in their right mind dusts in a dress like this? I can hear the photographer now, "Okay, look sexier holding the duster", "Okay, now hold it more e-r-e-c-t"

$50GBP says she was wearing 3" + heels for this photo shoot as well.

View attachment 120252

It's Photoshop. Badly too. Stock photo of a woman with badly photoshopped duster added in.

It's Photoshop. Badly too. Stock photo of a woman with badly photoshopped duster added in.
Ahh... That makes sense. I can actually see the crop lines around her figure now. It still makes me wonder what she was holding originally. If she wasn't holding anything, then why the hell would she pose in this manner? I wonder if she is still alive and if she ever received royalties for this.

E0A4B23E-36D1-4151-B666-E48695393B93.jpegPound shop special and it’s the perfect width for all the orbits on my Sterns!

Hi I am getting back into pinball and have a nib ehoh and ccr le, really would appreciate cleaning tips, however often should I clean the playfield, I have installed titans if this helps, also what products do you recommend and how frequent, many thanks

Hi I am getting back into pinball and have a nib ehoh and ccr le, really would appreciate cleaning tips, however often should I clean the playfield, I have installed titans if this helps, also what products do you recommend and how frequent, many thanks
For NIB games I like to give the playfield a good wipe down with a dry cloth every 500 games or so - whenever trails appear in the inlanes. If that's not enough you could use novus 1 or other non-abrasive cleaner. Wax if you want to. Replace any balls which are scratched or damaged. Rotate the rubbers and replace any damaged ones. Window cleaner on the glass regularly depending on how dirty the players are 😅

Back
Top Bottom