What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cftbl - pinball repair person needed

Harry francis

Site Supporter
Alias
Harry
Happy new year all,

My beloved creature has developed a fault where it keeps resetting every few seconds. I’ve worked through the simple and obvious tests on here;

And now I’m down to the board checking tests and this isn’t my strong point. Does anyone know or recommend a repair man?

I’m Berkshire - RG8 area

Thanks,
Harry

Attachments

• 79F7C4B0-6A6A-4351-A426-15801583CBC4.jpeg
    79F7C4B0-6A6A-4351-A426-15801583CBC4.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 31
Yes, sounds like a 5v drop for is the next thing to check for if you haven’t already.
If that does solve it, then that confirms the issue and you can decide if you want to get the root cause on the power driver board resolved.

So update, I installed the 5v controller and I’m now getting this crazy noise and failed startup. This is happening even without the 5v controller Installed so I’m guessing it’s an issue that might have developed recently (haven’t turned the machine on for 3 weeks of so). Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2279.MOV
    13.6 MB
Hi Harry
I am not a repair man, I am just someone who is happy to have a go at fixing these sorts of faults.
How comfortable are you with checking over the voltages on the power driver board, at the test points, to see what is coming out? If you have done that already, can you share the figures?
Also, how comfortable are you with removing the power driver board? If you could get it to me in Luton, then I can have a go at diagnosing the issue with my WPiCiri board made by @gabriele.ciri
(https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...r-wpciri-tester-group-buy-closed.48862/?amp=1)
We can then test it in one of my WPC machines.

Back
Top Bottom