What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CFTBL ColorDMD

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce color support for Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball machines. This marks the eight multicolor ROM to be released for the ColorDMD platform since the company’s first product release in April 2012.

This also marks the first release of a color ROM produced with community support. Kenny Hardy, a southern California pinball route operator, collector, and enthusiast, led the effort to colorize CFTBL with support provided by the ColorDMD team. Kenny owns Hardy’s Arcade and Vending (hardysarcade.com) and is competitive pinball player in the Orange County Pinball League.

A video preview of the CFTBL ColorDMD is now available on YouTube and the color ROM will be available for download from our site by October 5, 2013.

Awesome dots on Creech, that will look sweet with a ColourDMD (I don't care what they're company name is.....it's spelt Colour) :D

That does look good. Creech does have amazing animation, it is the machine I will end up using a projector with in the next house :cool:.

I went looking for the history of why US-English has different spellings. It was part of the simplification of the English language to aid teaching by the likes of Noah Webster, it should be noted at the time there were often many ways to spell certain words. He originally kept the U's in his teaching book "Speller" but later decided to drop them. Apparently the rest of the English speaking world had considered following as US-English is easier to learn but they decided to settle on keeping the U's to allow us to constantly highlight how the US can't spell Colour. ;)

Spent the last 10 years trying to explain to East London kids that there is no such thing as "my cousin's brother" and that he would also be their cousin. Similarly the expression "coming from" is not the same as "going to". Grrrr, there is no hope for them.

Oh, back on topic. What other Colo(u)r DMDs would be great? Really surprised IJ hasn't been done. SST would be really cool but can't see anyone ever doing it

Back
Top Bottom