What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carpet Protectors?

Carl Spiby

Registered
Just wondering what people use to avoid causing dints in your floors? Are those castor cups the way to go or do the feet move around a little unless they're fitted to the castor feet properly?

As you are applying 25-35kg of weight through the small circle of each pinball foot, nothing is going to stop it denting household carpet really

8mm Teflon sheet 150 x 245 will spread the load.

( the kitchen cutting boards from IKEA will do the trick about a quid each. ;)

I love the fact it leaves dints in the carpet.

Gives me a great excuse for never getting rid of my Pinball. "Sorry love, we can't get rid of it - just think of the horrible marks you'll see once it's been shifted." ;-)

GrizZ Shack .......leg marks, spilt beer, solder burns ....all welcome and encouraged :D It's a pinball room .....worrying about the flooring is strictly for wusses ;)

I suspect Carl's better-half is involved in this carpet issue,

When TAF had to live in the living room for 6 weeks whilst I rebuilt the kitchen, I put some some thick plastic tea coasters. To my surprise, the weight of the pinball cracked them but the carpet survived.

Back
Top Bottom