What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car boot sizes measurements database fitting

johnthehappyguy

Registered
hi,

I have heard lots of queries about fitting pins into various different models of cars.

I came across this website - which gives various boot dimensions for 675 cars it has useful details, and is designed for wheelchair users.

http://www.ricability.org.uk/consum...r_measurement_guide/carmeasurementpickone.asp

additional tip !

If transporting a pinball in a car, I would suggest that you think about what happens if you get a puncture !

If the spare wheel is not accessable ( i.e. in the boot below the pin, you might want to chuck the spare wheel into the passenger seat before you set off, or take a can of puncture repairer with you.

happy transporting, John
smile-1.png

Useful.

My top tip if you have trouble with the height clearance - which is the usual issue - is remember that you can undo the head brackets (on modern pins) and there will be enough slack in the wiring harness to slide the head down the body a good bit, knocking valuable inches off the height.

thanks Grizz -

I would add-

If removing the head and leaving it "dangling" then put some/ plenty padding around the head brackets to stop them gouging the cabinet. _ Talking from bitter experience here unfortunately.
sad-1.png

john

johnthehappyguy' date=' post: 1680695 said:
thanks Grizz -

I would add-

If removing the head and leaving it "dangling" then put some/ plenty padding around the head brackets to stop them gouging the cabinet. _ Talking from bitter experience here unfortunately.
sad-1.png

john

If you undo them at the cabinet rather than the head then they don't move and also stop the head moving side to side whilst transporting.

My thoughts

A Honda Jazz is the tardis of pin transporters-it fits in(fully)ALL DMD makes folded down.Exception being Gtlb Sys 3 where ya need to undo the head like Grizz said.

It even fitted in a separated RFM-seriously-ask Paul:rolleyes:

Would also recommend ratchet strapping the pin in and packing it to ensure very little "slop" for the pin to move around

TYHO' date=' post: 1688700 said:
My thoughts

A Honda Jazz is the tardis of pin transporters-it fits in(fully)ALL DMD makes folded down.Exception being Gtlb Sys 3 where ya need to undo the head like Grizz said.

It even fitted in a separated RFM-seriously-ask Paul:rolleyes:

Would also recommend ratchet strapping the pin in and packing it to ensure very little "slop" for the pin to move around

I would still maintain that RFM shouldnt have fitted into that Jazz... It was just an optical illusion, and i'm sure that Chris must have attacked some parts with a hammer to make them fit, but he assures me he didnt
wink-1.png

You can get a pin into a Jazz! Does that mean I could get a pin into my Golf hatchback - surely not?

Nope.You can't in a Golf(my Dad has one-ya have to take the backbox off).

BTW the way the seats fold down on the Golf is ****e.The Jazz in virtually flay when folded down.

The new Jazz(wifey has)would even fit Gtlb Sys 3 as it is 1" higher.

Soooo many pin heads have commented when they see a pin in the Jazz.Had a few instances when I've bought a new pin and the owner has said"you'll never get it in there mate"

That changes to "bloody hell,it fits!!"

poibug

random music vid #2,333,345

-

awesome band BTW

replicas' date=' post: 1688821 said:
That Kia soul is one ugly car

i hear they are going to bring out a souped up version of the kia soul and putting a r badge on the boot lid

Back
Top Bottom