What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can someone put a wee picture up for me

john bud

Registered
hi guys, being old and stupid, i dont know how to post an avatar. is there any chance 1 of you fine moderator types could put 1 up for me ??? anything really, i just feel a bit exposed/nude without 1.

ta viry mooch.

john bud

cheers dom, but i think i would still be stuck. im still trying to get to grips with the site here. if a mod could email rav for it and post it up that would be great, and would probably mean a free beer at the slam.

Hello John, guess an admin may be able to help, but if not some self-help instructions may help....

Top right of the screen next to where it says "Log Out", "Alerts" and "Inbox" should be another menu saying "john bud". Click it, then in that menu choose "Avatar". That will open a window where you can then select the picture you want to use from your own computer; click ok once you've picked the picture you want to use.

Many thanks JT - you got it
smile-1.png

Top right of the screen next to where it says "Log Out", "Alerts" and "Inbox" should be another menu saying "john bud". Click it, then in that menu choose "Avatar". Choose the "use custom Avatar" and clock on the "choose file" box - it'll then come up with a box where you can choose your pic. Select your pic, and then upload - and it's done
smile-1.png

i dont have a log out option, or alerts or inbox ??? i must be doing something wrong. do you hit another option to get them on screen ???

I sometimes have that problem on smaller screens - hover your cursor around the immediate outside of the search box in the top right hand corner and they should appear...

its saying.

the contents of the uploaded image do not match the files extension ??? dont have a scooby what that means.

I can take a look at that image for you if you mail it to me, to see if I can see a problem with it (like a file extension problem maybe). I have PM'd you my email address (you should find my PM up in the top right of the forum screen again, by clicking on the "Inbox" button).

john bud' date=' post: 1689331 said:
hi guys, being old and stupid, i dont know how to post an avatar. is there any chance 1 of you fine moderator types could put 1 up for me ??? anything really, i just feel a bit exposed/nude without 1.

ta viry mooch.

john bud

See you got that avatar sorted auld yin
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom