What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone recommend a drone please?

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
My 12 year old Daughter wants a Drone for her Birthday. Her spec is easy to fly, must have a camera and easy download images to her iphone. Not a bad spec, but I have no idea about drones, so any help, advice or pointers gratefully received please.

Many thinks,

Alan

Depends what you want to spend but you can’t go wrong with any DJI setup.
If you don’t mind 2nd hand Try an older model phantom 3 onwards as they broadcast onto your phone/iPad any are very capable machines
Col

thanks for ideas i’m checking them out. looks like i need to set a max budget. like all things these days it’s whatever you want to spend. £20 to several £k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't buy anything cheaper than 200quid mate.
The cheaper ones don't self hoover and that is just a recipe for a lost drone with a child.
Cex often have some cheap.
The one thing I would say about drones is the novelty quickly wears off.
I bought a cheap Chinese one for about 100quid and it was fun to start with. But with a flight time of 12mins and a charge time of 5hrs. It soon got binned.
A dji parrot at 600quid was next favourite thing. But unless you are into serious photography, I barely used it. So that went too.

OMG. i’m in a whole new world now. flight times. charge times. follow me. way points. hover. flip. 360. ffs. and i vowed i’d steer clear of any more new technology. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The follow me feature is great.
My mate bought a sports car and we took it up the hills and I put the drone on Follow. The footage was like a rally game.
The good ones have an auto detect on them too for trees and that. Although I did find out that power cables aren't always detected by it

You can get a fun toy for £20 but the video wouldn't be usable. If you're spending proper money, the DJI Spark + Controller is decent but maybe something has superseded it now.

In light of the new rules, you could look for something under 250g. I'm not sure if you'll get decent video from anything that light though.

Back
Top Bottom