What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

It’s brilliant have really enjoyed it since having it, needs a bit of tweaking to the settings to make it more challenging, also well worth getting the saloon doors and water tower mods from mageek, looks much more complete and only takes a few minutes to install, also new code is looking extensive as Josh sharpe gives regular updates on pinside that it’s near completion

The Tower and saloon doors look like they add to the theme nicely. Have you installed them? I will go and order them.
I need to read up on this code, is it is a straight upgrade or requires hardware which was mentioned before.

If you want I will put up some photos if I work out how to do it, also have translite changed and all mezel mods available put on it, seems to look a lot more complete, I also have some spare mods I will put on the parts section if anyone is interested

IMG_1794.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpeg
    IMG_1793.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1799.jpeg
    IMG_1799.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 39
Mageek sells the saloon doors and water tower on pinside cactus canyon forum, costs for both mods, however available separately, for 170 US dollars via pay pal shipped to uk, has stock and takes around two weeks to arrive, takes twenty minutes to install and anyone can do it. The cgc hardware has not been talked about recently and the software appears will be coming soon, my guess that it probably will come when last le is made in two months time, the code is already complete and has been installed in Josh sharpes own machine for months.

Mods are cool are they good quality
All the mods are very well made except train stop house which I had to take off the small barrel not seen as it causes hairballs. Think Phil has the translates in stock and back order for mirror glass only for le’s, however it’s cgc so might not turn up till the next decade

Regular updates on pinside, there was something about up to ten new modes, listing some of them on pinside

Attachments

• IMG_1805.png
    IMG_1805.png
    405.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1804.png
    IMG_1804.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks and No thanks, as I am now trawling Mezelmods looking for mods :D
Have some that I bought, sure I have flyland art blades but wouldn’t recommend sticking them on an le even though they look nicer, think I over ordered and have the revolver posts, river rescue sign, larger beer mug which I haven’t put on, moonshine flasher cover, will check if you might be interested, also mezel mods takes forever to ship and always problems with import duties unless you go for there most expensive shipping, thanks Nick

Let me know what you want to sell on as I am in the really excited stage.
I won’t do side art as we like the LE as it is.

Personally i like mine stock, loved this when it first came out and still do, Mods i can take or leave!

The greatest thing on this remake though is the rgb gi lighting, it's lovely. It that std on all games? i hope it is

The saloon doors are like a large spinner so not really saloon doors.
I completely respect people liking the original but some of these look like could have been there.

I am loving the game, never had one, partly due to the code not being done, but this from CGC is bloody great, really looking forward to the new code.

Now I don't know how the original saloon doors were supposed to work before they got pulled for production.
But having played it for a fair bit now, I do feel its missing the 'gate from MM', 'lowering twin targets from MB' and 'lowering triple targets from AFM'.
So got me thinking that it should have saloon doors that are bash targets and you have to hit them a number of times before they open, thus allowing shots to complete the Bart brother.
As at the moment the Bart brothers shot is too easy , as there is no risk, it should come back down the playfield like the gate in MM.

I hope this is the hardware coming....

Game was ultimately shallow and got repetitive incredibly quick for me.

The game looks pretty but the limited music score and pretty easy shots even for my lame skills placed this game quickly on the chopping board.

Maybe the code update will tackle some of my comments but I wasn't willing to wait.

As a 10k game there's not enough under the hood for me.

Sorry to hear that s00m and sure, this isn't the game for everyone.

Loving ours, keep hearing more call outs that make me laugh. We saw Terminator Bart for the first time yesterday and that was funny. Slowly working out how to progress and knowing what to do but this is the only game in a while I can do two player and the other person gets to enjoy their own game and also learn what I am doing. My kid is loving this, it is in the house and even the partner jumps on for a game.

Assuming the SE comes without shaker - Is there a particular make / model to look for and where does one look for it ?

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom