What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

Happypin

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan Adair
So! Still waiting for Cactus Canyon remake, 9 months I’ve been waiting and I know others have been waiting much longer. I do find it annoying that they release another Pinball machine, taking orders when they haven’t completed the orders that we placed. It must be very frustrating for Pinball Heaven that he can’t complete the orders.

Im in a different situation than most, people that know me on here know I’m living with cancer, If I had known I would be still waiting this length of time I would of chosen a different manufacturer. This is my first and only NIB, no updates have been given, no date of when we might receive our orders, we are in the dark.
We must be in the only hobby that we place an order and just don’t know when or which year we will receive our order, this is not the way to try and take a slice of the market. Would I order another from CGC certainly not.

Who else is waiting?
Are you Pi—ed off like I am?
Alan.

CGC have rightly received a lot of praise during the past few days.

Clearly their social media accounts and ability to communicate with their customers is functioning.

Would it really be so hard to release a statement saying, "Sorry guys, we're aware many of you have waited a long time for our Cactus Canyon remake. We've had some production issues but we'll be looking to deliver all ordered games before summer 23. Sorry you've all waited so long".

Basic customer service and communication.

It's outrageous but with Pulp Fiction LE's selling out it isn't outrageous enough for enough people to care. The blinkers go on and all the negative stuff is ignored as they look at the shiny new object in the distance.

Have you thought about offering your Cactus Canyon spot up for someone else?

I waited 16 months for my Halloween which was my first nib, not a problem for me though. I’ve had cancer so know what you mean as I had a 50/50 prognosis.
Hope you get it really soon🤞

I ordered the LE PF and thought I missed the cancelled bullet as my email came later, not a good vibe when you had a spring in your step over getting one.

the lack of info has been terrible but they are at game 400 which means 175 away from my game LOL. What I can promise is that when the game lands you will see what CGC means when it builds a game.

Completing Cactus Canyon Part1
Completing Cactus Canyon Part2

The reason they are delayed was not incompetence, one supplier let them down on a specific LE part and it took a while to find another that would deliver the quality they want so the moved to make SE's first.

Cheers,
Neil.

the lack of info has been terrible but they are at game 400 which means 175 away from my game LOL. What I can promise is that when the game lands you will see what CGC means when it builds a game.

Completing Cactus Canyon Part1
Completing Cactus Canyon Part2

The reason they are delayed was not incompetence, one supplier let them down on a specific LE part and it took a while to find another that would deliver the quality they want so the moved to make SE's first.

Cheers,
Neil.

Does the LE game number /1000 appear in the PH order section when available from CGC ?

Nope! There is a process even if they build mine it will sit until all the UK games are made.

I hope the Original price when I placed the order is honoured.

I am not in on this one but I know @SeikoKid is and he is also very frustrated by the delay.
It is something that puts a damper on me buying NIB, along with not knowing what issues it may have. It is a lot of money to tie up into a purchase and then be put on hold.

Last edited:
So yes I have since joined a forum and bought an sold pinballs I wasn't really after. This is after waiting a year already. The forum experience has been much appreciated but really as a simple GP ( not doctor ) im rather perplexed by the situation. I simply wanted a game and here I am still waiting after 2 birthdays and 2 xmas's. Ive ordered 2 more new machines in the meantime. It's a joke. But then ive found the whole amusement industry kinda operates as and when it wants too cos suckers like me keep waiting as there is no where else to go

@Happypin , how far you from Uxbridge?

So yes I have since joined a forum and bought an sold pinballs I wasn't really after. This is after waiting a year already. The forum experience has been much appreciated but really as a simple GP ( not doctor ) im rather perplexed by the situation. I simply wanted a game and here I am still waiting after 2 birthdays and 2 xmas's. Ive ordered 2 more new machines in the meantime. It's a joke. But then ive found the whole amusement industry kinda operates as and when it wants too cos suckers like me keep waiting as there is no where else to go

@Happypin , how far you from Uxbridge?
I’m in SE23 Forest Hill, about 20 miles at a guess.
I do have other games to play, any I don’t have Chris at the pinball office certainly has, was there yesterday helping out.

15 months wait here. I can keep waiting, but again, an update would be nice. Try to message them via their website and you get a 'contact attempt failed' pop up. Guess they've had a 'few' people chasing.....

As they're on with LE's now I'm hoping the eventual shipping over here includes an SE with every LE. If it doesn't and then waiting for another production run, I'm out.

PF looks ace though, good luck with those but don't think I'd order another CGC unless they can at least compete with Stern at getting stuff out.

Very annoying and has put me off ordering PF . I always liked CC from new and was in on the CCR from before it was officially announced. Really pleased with the quality of MBR so just being frustratingly patient at the moment.

I’m in for a le but it will staying in its box for at least 6 months just started building work on the house

My wait time is most likely the shortest, 9 months !! 15 months is most frustrating with Christmas and birthdays flying by.

CGC are built like tanks and are good value for the money. I just hope our waiting won’t be punished by trying to get more money out of us.

Me and @PabloUK ordered a MBrLE and they took around 12-14mth to arrive but by the time it came the FOMO had well gone and Phil was good enough to let me swap to a DP LE.

This is the main reason I’m out on Pulp! I love the retro look and know the build will be 2nd to none but do I want to wait another 12mth or maybe 15mth like my mates CCr or possibly even 18mth with the build not starting till whenever.

As for the DP it’s still in my lineup and I ended up with the other MB anyway thats now long gone.

Me and @PabloUK ordered a MBrLE and they took around 12-14mth to arrive but by the time it came the FOMO had well gone and Phil was good enough to let me swap to a DP LE.

Been thinking about this as interest for CCR on the never never starts to wane.

I had concerns over Sterns QC when my Stranger Things NIB arrived (two faulty switches due to bad connector crimps) but at least enough Sterns are coming through to buy a few titles from stock.

My MMr took 2 years and 3 months from deposit paid to delivery, AFMr was much quicker though, about 6 months I think.

It's worth ordering early to lock in the price though, even if you miss out on the LE, as the price at time of order has always been honoured.

My MMr took 2 years and 3 months from deposit paid to delivery, AFMr was much quicker though, about 6 months I think.

It's worth ordering early to lock in the price though, even if you miss out on the LE, as the price at time of order has
Was the original price honoured? No increase

Bit of a random question but does anyone no what coin door will be on the uk version will it be the same as the us as I want to buy the magnet decals

it will be a UK single slot door, which is what MBR came with.

Back
Top Bottom