What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cables fed through screw holes on ramp

davejuk

Registered
I'm guessing that this is not how the wiring for ramp switches is meant to be installed (I.e. Through screw holes)?

I am trying to remove the ramp from my roadshow for cleaning and it looks like I am going to have to desolder some switches to do so. Would he correct way to do it be to loop a cable tie through the hole?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 33
That's the way they are on the one I have on loan at the moment also so I'd guess it's factory.
Take a picture (I guess you already have) then desolder the wires and pull them through the ramps to allow you to remove the ramps for cleaning.

Use the pictures when reattaching the switches to show which wire goes where.

Edit: or do as spandangler says, hadn't realised they where on sockets, should have I guess as whitewater has similar

Thanks, I should have guessed they would have molex connectors under the playfield. I'm still learning my way around the table. Only just figured out how to stand it up vertically!

Back
Top Bottom