What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab refurbs and PF swaps

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi guys,

I know i have hit this one on the group before, however thought i'd broach it here since i'm seriously considering it again.

I have a TAF complete with replacement IPB Clear coated PF (drilled and dimpled), and a full set of cab decals. Cab is currently stripped and any major damage repaired, and also insides are re-painted. PF is Semi-stripped, however i have ALL the bits that have so far been stripped (top side - bottom side is as was and not touched).

However thinking about paying someone to do the referb bits for me, since it's been 3 years now and i still havent managed to make what i would class as a "decent start"....

Anyone on here carry out this work, and can give me a rough guesstimate on prices etc you would charge??

Cheers Chaps

Paul

Just took my brand new IPB TAF playfield to be restored today, yup, cracks around some inserts, some clearcoat fracture, the guys will sort it out and get it looking how it should have when it left the factory, disgrace really that you have to take it to be sorted even though it is NIB, will do a swap soon also.

Darren does cabs for a good price. Minimum anyone will charge who does half decent work is £500 for a playfield swap

carl lawrence' date=' post: 1688308 said:
Hi chaps

were can you get these new TAF playfields ? and how much are thay?

Not seen a TAF pf for grabs in a while, last ones I saw were from US ebay, worked out about £900 or more " ouch" someone on the group shifted one for £700-£800 end of last year, last one I saw on ebay UK had a split in the wood in the shooter lane, that one made £550, they are pretty rare ATM, believe there is a rerun in the pipeline.

Mine worked out at about £660 after paying the lads to bring it up to N Wales from the slam and then the fuel to collect from the border, will probably cost another £150 to get it right so that is one damn expensive piece of wood, but if I was to make it available I'm sure I would not loose out at the moment at least.

thanks for the insight chaps

looks like a long weight! no worries:cool:

my biggest delema is at the mo is shall i put a clear ramp in or the smooky one in. plus, which machine shall i get next< totan FS our a poor mans AFM (RFM;))

I just emailed Kim at IPB recently. Shes says that the TAF playfields are to be completed before christmas. I was sent an order form to fill out (with no price mentioned for the playfield i might add) and have been assured that i will be contacted when they are ready for shipping.

Dreads' date=' post: 1688387 said:
Let me know if you have a TOTAN for sale, I am all ears, AFM seem to be commanding a silly price.

I think he means he wants a TOTAN, RFM or FS?

Rus121' date=' post: 1688452 said:
I just emailed Kim at IPB recently. Shes says that the TAF playfields are to be completed before christmas. I was sent an order form to fill out (with no price mentioned for the playfield i might add) and have been assured that i will be contacted when they are ready for shipping.

Hi i may be interested in one of them TAF playfeilds but not this side of christmas !!

Dreads' date=' post: 1688468 said:
I thought that then thought............I ain't taking any chances :eek:

Yeh .sorry about the confusion ,i would like another 3 machine and also do up my other machines as well :confused:

Do you do mods mister Dreads?

carl lawrence' date=' post: 1688498 said:
Do you do mods mister Dreads?

I did when I was younger as I used to be a rocker
biggrin-1.png
, let me know what mods you need for what machines etc, cheers Andy

HI Andy

i would like to work in some very sm[attachment=273:carls phone 2011 008.jpg] all LEDs in the ships

Dreads' date=' post: 1688517 said:
Hi there, I don't supply the led lamps you need, sorry:(

These arent the droids that you are looking for....
wink-1.png

Can't get me with that Jedi mind trick.

Bugger forgot what I was going to say now.

Ahh that was it, did you get sorted on the redecal and p/field swap ?

Dreads' date=' post: 1688500 said:
I did when I was younger as I used to be a rocker
biggrin-1.png
, let me know what mods you need for what machines etc, cheers Andy

Yeah do me summat for Ramones:p

Back
Top Bottom