What's new

Butlins minehead

Tyke

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
Been dragged to butlins by the wife and kids. Was happy to see stern star trek on site and a jackbot out in the wild down the seafront.

Had a few games on star trek and manged to win 4 free games and 2 high scores :)

Made up for being here after all!

Attachments

• 20150524_145743.jpg
    20150524_145743.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 31
I used to work there! Man, did that have a couple of great arcades on site back in the day. Hundreds of games there, I wonder what happened to them all.
Nice to see there's still something decent in there :)

Used to be decent arcades there when I was a kid by then butlins was good then they have since got rid of a lot of stuff once they put up them tent things. They don't even have that arctic temperature outside swimming pool with all them squirty things. Used to go there for family holidays

Huh? I never noticed that Star Trek when I went there for Spring Harvest with my parents. Maybe it was added in some time after I left. Hey, it's nice to see a new incentive for coming again next year.

I grew up in the area so spent a lot of time in the arcades on the sea front and around Butlins. Whoever used to run the Olympia arcade (was "Electric wonderland" last time I was down) obviously had a thing for pinball, as they had both a TAF and IJ NIB.

As legend has it, they went to decommission the indoor pool (the one that's near Jumping Jacks) but found out it was used as a reservoir for the fire sprinkler system, so apparently it's still there but just blocked off access to the public.

Was that the one that had a viewing window in a restaurant/ bar?

Back
Top Bottom