What's new

No Longer Available Bride of pinbot

Tyke

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
Wasn't planning to sell this so soon as it was going to be a 2.0 conversion over the summer but with my 40th looming the urge to get back in a V8 is calling me so some extra funds will help.

Anyway, fully working BOP in not bad overall condition, plastics all good, ramps good, head works perfectly, playfield has been protected by original myler but has a few small wear spots on either loop entry. Boards all original with no nasty hacks. Cabinet is good condition but has some fade, backbox is pretty good colour wise. Backglass and displays all perfect. Needs a deep clean and rerubbering but plays good as is.

£1500ono cash or bank transfer (happy for Martin to collect)

Pics coming later

Last edited:
Bit of a one shot pony, but I would still love one. Brilliant machine. I would be on this if I weren't hanging out for a possible FH around the corner...I hope.....

One day I'll get a BOP and do the 2.0 conversion. I did the work for Dutch Pinball on pinmame to get the 1.0 working, but the sound could still be improved. I did all that work blind though, to get it any better I could only do it with my own machine. Had some ideas about integrating 1.0 with Pinsound software (not hardware). Maybe one day in the future, but too much other stuff on at the moment.

Love my BOP. Just love the theme,reminds me of that old movie Metropolis. Great sounds and straight forward rules make it a very enjoyable game to play. Metamorphosis is such a great effect. I’m planning a full refurb on mine this year. Good luck with the sale!

One day I'll get a BOP and do the 2.0 conversion. I did the work for Dutch Pinball on pinmame to get the 1.0 working, but the sound could still be improved. I did all that work blind though, to get it any better I could only do it with my own machine. Had some ideas about integrating 1.0 with Pinsound software (not hardware). Maybe one day in the future, but too much other stuff on at the moment.

Awesome - I don't suppose you have the latest pinmame version with the heartbeat fix in it do you? Also I understood that the sound quality issue was with the original sounds being low quality - they sound OK through the DAC on the original board but not great without it (hence from the PC they sound worse). Couldn't they just be re-sampled by someone through a DAC? Would they sound better then?

@Martin Yapp - the pinmame version that BOP 1.0 is running is very heavily customized for the game and is based on a pretty ancient build. We had to do some fairly ugly things to get the helmet lamps to do anything at all, and it was always a case of me compiling a new test version, Koen at DP trying it and making comments, rinse and repeat. Then he got sucked into TBL and the pinmame for BOP got left at that point.

For the sound, the plan has been to integrate with pinsound. Recent versions of pinmame will talk to the Pinsound studio for playing sounds, no hardware needed, and the idea was to backport that to the version BOP is using - the pinsound website has the full original BOP sound package.

One day, one day......

As for the heartbeat fix, not sure what you mean. 1.0 will run any of the BOP ROMs, although how you get different ones in the DP setup I'm not sure. To avoid derailing this thread even more we can start a different discussion, but as I mentioned I don't have a BOP to try anything on....

@tyke have to confess I'm tempted, but I'd likely need to move on my STTNG first.. You sure you don't want to do a BOP+cash for STTNG? I know you want that V8 though....

Back
Top Bottom