What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking into a System 11 Backbox...

Rav

Registered
Alias
Rav
Well - lost an hour and a half today trying to get into my Swords of Fury backbox - the lock was mullerred
sad-1.png

After said 1.5 hrs I'd knackered the lock trully, drilled it out - but I still cant turn the sodding camber to unlock the glass. Repeated tugging on the backglass lift plastic resulted in the lift strip breaking... So now I cant turn the lock, cant lift the glass - cant get in the bugger!

Has anyone got any tips or suggestions what to do next? Im getting to the point of taking it off its legs, lifting it up vertically with the backbox still positioned upright and hoping that gravity will make the locking mechanism disengage so I can get the glass out!

All to change a pinged fuse! It'd be hell to lose a pin for the slam cos of this - and if the gravity thing dont work does it mean smashing the glass :/ ?

gotta be either a bigger hole in the lock, or a good wiggle - as long as the whole internal barrel had gone, there's nothing for it to hold onto in there (i think it's around 10-12mm).... Or a decent sized flatblade in there to "help" it...

The locks on my two Williams pins are mounted on a metal plate which is held in place by two screws. It looks like if those screws were removed the plate could be removed along with the lock barrel. If you could loosen that plate, then maybe you could get a screwdriver in to wiggle the lock free, or actually loosen the barrel from the plate to allow you to turn the whole barrel. Or maybe drilling a large-ish hole in the top of the back box to allow you to get a screwdriver in to wiggle the lock free from the top (obviously not pretty though, and going to leave a hole in your back box top, and may not work).

Or maybe connect a flat head screwdriver bit up to a socket set ratchet. Hammer the flat head screwdriver bit into the lock, then use the socket set ratchet to force the whole thing.

Knock a large flat blade screwdriver into the lock prefered one with a hex on the shank then turn the driver with a spanner or if not a hex on shank grip it with molegrips and turn.

No lock should take longer than 2 mins using this method.

Mr Netherwood expertly showed me the ropes this morning - put th epin ball on its end, open the backbox, then lever down the securing bar - voila - turns out the foront woodrail is a bit warped and the top plastic hadcome off (taking up room) and thus glass was an **** to get out. Nevertheless - we have a result people!

Lionman! Come to the slam to defeat the Balrog!

Back
Top Bottom